First time out hunting with the big stick!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time out hunting with the big stick!

A buddy and I went out hog hunting yesterday afternoon ended up with 4 pigs all weighting from 80lbs to 220lbs. Below is the biggest one. I let him shoot it with my Grendel Using Barnes 100grn Tac tx on that bad boy. Little sad That I did not get to recover the bullet. I was Impressed with how the 120 grn Nosler BT handle some of the other hogs as well.
    Attached Files
  • BjornF16
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2011

Pug, that is AWESOME!

Congrats, and welcome to the Horde!

What range was the big bad pig shot at?...did the 100 grn TSX pass through?
    LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
    Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
      Chieftain
      • Sep 2013

Nice job! Where was the placement of the shot? Did it overpenetrate?
      Kill a hog. Save the planet.
      My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

It was close 50 yrds. It punched straight though the bread basket. I shot another smaller hog quartering to me, it shattered the front shoulder and the bullet ended up some were in the guts and I was not in the mode to go digging for a bullet in that! If any one is looking for a good guide here in central Florida Give Matt at Triple m outfitters a call. Great guy to deal with we must have see close to 60 pigs in about 3 hours.

Comment

How did I miss this! Very nice! That's a big hog right there. So you were using 100gr Barnes TAC-TX and 120gr Nosler Ballistic Tips?

What rifle or carbine set-up do you have?

Comment

• bluebird
            Bloodstained
            • Oct 2013

Nice hog!!

Comment

LRRPF52 I'm shooting the PF Neptune V, Bartlein barrel. I found that the 100 grn Tac-Tx shoots just a little to the right at 100 yrd from the 120 Nosler BT out of my gun. so I figured as long as I keep it under a 100 yrds I should have no problem hitting stuff. I attached the photos of both groupings. Barnes loaded to 2.26 with 27 grns of 8208 powder and the noslers loaded to 2.24 with 27 grns of TAC powder.
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X