• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Errorhead
    Bloodstained
    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by rebelsoul View Post
    Thanks OW, I'm feeling better about myself now. I enjoyed your story better than the articles in Playboy.
    Playboy has articles? Hhmm I thought it was all pictures!

Comment

• TRIPLE 000 BUCK

OW that was one of the best stories I've read! Read during my lunch break and did not want it to end. Congrats on the kill and GREAT story. Look forward to many more.

Triple 000

Comment

Yes!!!!!Great story and just plain beautiful dogs. All I can say is WOW!!

Comment

• montana
          Chieftain
          • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Shivesy View Post
          Yes!!!!!Great story and just plain beautiful dogs. All I can say is WOW!!
          That pretty well sums it up!

Comment

OW,

Just tuning in - awesome hunt and congratulations!

Comment

Overwatcher,

Any chance you would be willing to do a screen shot of the area this took place in, and show the route you took, as well as what the Wolves were doing to play cat and mouse with you? That would very cool to go along with the story. If you don't want to share your hunting spots, I'll understand, kinda like skiers and secret powder spots, anglers and their favorite holes....

Comment

• Overwatcher

Thanks for the support guys,I did end up winning the February Hunter of the Month,thanks to all who voted.Hopefully it has made us all fuel the fire for our predator hunting passion.
                Got the ghost dog's skull done

Comment

• Adam Lilja
                  Warrior
                  • Dec 2013

Can't believe I'm just now seeing this thread :P Respect man. I was out all winter here in Montana trying to get a shot on one of these guys, so I know your frustration to a T haha. Lots of howling at each other but never got one in the hairs. Congrats!

Comment

• Variable
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2011

Same here. I miss a lot of threads because of time. This one was great! Awesome job Overwatcher!
                    Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                    We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• bwaites
                      • Mar 2011

Sooo.....What are the chances of getting you to do a guided hunt for 2-3 forum members?

Comment

• Overwatcher

I would love to get something going and set up for the horde.There were plenty of times that if I had 4 rigs surround where I knew exactly where they were,someone would be getting a shot.We had a pack of 6 pinned in a canyon and tried to get some people up to ambush them,but of course they just outflanked two guys.I would highly reccomend anyone wanting to do a wolf hunt to have 1-2 weeks just to track and get a wolf circuit cycle in,be in top shape and used to 8500'+ hiking,and able to flat out connect while being able to control the "buck fever".A cycle is roughly in the 11-14 days.
                        I have had friends come out and give me the look like I'm crazy when we couldn't find them.Only to go out the next weekend alone and see tracks all over.

Comment

• sneaky one
                          Chieftain
                          • Mar 2011

Dude, is my black pelt still a comin here? From your first posts on this? Serious, yet not too worried..

Comment

• rebelsoul
                            Warrior
                            • Jan 2014

I'm glad this thread is still alive. I hope all new members read this thread and learn what a Grendel is best used for. Thanks again OW.
                            "When you have to shoot... Shoot! Don't talk." Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez a.k.a. "The Rat".

Comment

• am4966
                              Chieftain
                              • Jul 2014

Great Story! Really gets me excited, Im in the process of figuring out what parts I'm gonna use for a build.
                              12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
                              Surge - Rugged Suppressor
                              Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

Working...
                              X