• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Slappy
    Warrior
    • Feb 2014

This one is mine:)

This is a very sweet and very accurate rifle 18" from PF with a 2 stage trigger. He does very nice work, and this is my last 18 shots at the range with 123SSTs at 100yrds. The last 6 shots were all in one hole in the center. Scope is the Trijicon TR23 2G. Have the zero stop set and the print out from them with my specs for Mil dot and MOA and trying to make it to the long range to see what is what. Maybe at some point I will Wahlberg it. I built a lower and then things went South, I was going to go with a 6.8 (a friend talked me out of 6.5) when things went to heck in a hand basket I got an upper 6.8 from PF because you could not get anything. I am glad I found PF. The gun was great and no problems at all but I did not like it one bit. Sold the 6.8 and made a call to PF and got this one made. I could not be anymore happier it is an awesome piece of work. At the range was with the rests that are in the picture. BANG BANG!!
    AR 007.jpgtarget white 002.jpg
  • Tedward
    Banned
    • Feb 2013

Is the guy who talked you into the 6.8 still your friend?
    Just kidding but glad to hear it worked out in the Grendel. I have a lot of people who ask about 6.8's and I try not to be negative and only tell them that my first hand experience is that I like the Grendel, it performs great, low recoil and reaches out quite far. Did you just change uppers or go with an entire new rifle?

Comment

• Slappy
      Warrior
      • Feb 2014

All new from PF. The lower I built had a couple nice things in there but I went all new and different with the 6.5 and glad I did. Yes he is still my friend but an awful jealous one since I got this. BANG BANG!!

Comment

• Tedward
        Banned
        • Feb 2013

Good and yes Marks uppers and lowers are tight fits.

Comment

• Crippleshot1
          Bloodstained
          • Jan 2014

How do you like that stock? I have put the PRS on mine and I'm thinking it's just to heavy. Would love to hear your opinion on the UBR Stock.

Comment

• Slappy
            Warrior
            • Feb 2014

It works very well and fits me nicely. A friend I going shooting with likes it also and he is into building guns and is putting one on his next project. Friend fired it a few times and that is all he needed to be convinced. BANG BANG!!

Comment

• sneaky one
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

Welcome in Slappy. Do you hunt, or is the Grr just for target use? Nice setup man.

Comment

• Slappy
                Warrior
                • Feb 2014

Hogs when I can get there. Watching the Curly Shuffle is nice! BANG BANG!!

Comment

• Slappy
                  Warrior
                  • Feb 2014

An addition to the family. 24 Bartlein barrel and many xtras. BANG BANG
                  Attached Files

Comment

• montana
                    Chieftain
                    • Jun 2011

NICE. I like your camo job. It's nice to see a good looking family grow. Need more details of the xtras.

Comment

• Slappy
                      Warrior
                      • Feb 2014

Twins kind of!!!
                      Attached Files

Comment

• montana
                        Chieftain
                        • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Slappy View Post
                        Twins kind of!!!
                        Top notch , makes a father proud .............Thanks for posting!

Comment

• Slappy
                          Warrior
                          • Feb 2014

Love it, so much so I bought one for the 24. All BS aside they are good scopes and crystal clear and the best part is I can see stuff with them. Anything over 500 down here in Texas you would need an 15 to 20 MOA rail. I just do not get to shoot that far past 500 abunch. For the money they are great scopes and it is a Trijicon. TR23 2G BANG BANG!!

Comment

• Slappy
                            Warrior
                            • Feb 2014

This is another fine rifle by PF they even did the Cerakote (sand and FDE) and the scope/monopod was done locally. 24 inch Bartlein, barrel (920) fluted, brake, NIB carrier and bolt, G2S trigger, MK3 handguard 15 inch, PRS stock, SLR adjustable gas block, monopod, TR23 2G Trijicon 5x20x50 scope and an hydraulic buffer. Went to the range and it was the smoothest rifle I have ever fired BUT,,, the hydraulic buffer did not like the gas block or the other way around. Anywhos no matter what I did it would not act right, came home and switched out lowers and went back and everything is right as rain and this gun fires and holds POA just as good as the 18 incher if not better, it is an amazing rifle. Called Mark and he mailed me a regular buffer and it should be just fine. PF does some fine rifles that is fo sure. Rain again today and tomorrow so the range opens up on Wednesday and I will be there. When I was firing the other day I had a ragged hole at 100 yrds about the size of a nickel without to much effort and I could not tell you how many times I fired (slow learner) but I was trying anything and everything to make it work right not left!! I only use his 123 SSTs or Hornady's 123SSTs nothing else both these rifles love this ammo and it is dead on, will have range target on Wednesday posted. BANG BANG!!
                            Last edited by Slappy; 09-06-2014, 07:43 PM.

Comment

• Slappy
                              Warrior
                              • Feb 2014

Range day with the rifle buffer in it. The rifle shoots very straight. Left my range target there, did not want to walk down and get it, to many mosquitoes!!! Will post a target up next time I go. BANG BANG!!

Comment

Working...
                              X