11 Best ARs for Deer Hunting in 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no mention of the OLY 243 or the any WSSM's, try toting that Nemo around the Swamps of Florida without a buggy, it will get old in about 25ft. 450 Bushmaster? They still make that thing? And who the hell can afford to hunt with one, or even find Loaded Rounds? Anything from the M&P line should instantly be disqualified, its not designed for hunting. I'll admit the 6.8 is pretty good on deer (Same as a 30-30 to me) but why the hell would you put basically the same rifle on the list twice or 3 times? I do agree with the R25 in 7mm-08, love that combo, think it would be great if the world were without a Grendel. 5-308's and no Grendel is a Travesty. Guess I'm preaching to the Choir though... Everyone here knows the secret already. Love showing up at hunting camp with the Grendel, most guys think its a 223 until I fire for Zero and they stumble to their trucks looking for Hearing Protection.

Comment

• Sojorboy
      Warrior
      • Nov 2011

Love showing up at hunting camp with the Grendel, most guys think its a 223 until I fire for Zero and they stumble to their trucks looking for Hearing Protection.
      Lol. I had a similar experience. Showed up with my 16" AA Grendel to hunt a few hogs. Guy was like your planning on head shots with that thing, right ? Killed 3, blew the eyes out of two of them and through the ears on the other one.
      Last edited by Guest; 02-19-2014, 11:54 PM.

Comment

• Crippleshot1
        Bloodstained
        • Jan 2014

Simple people man, the cool aid is in to deep. You will need some humbling to change them. Let's move on and know we have the best ride for the mission. They will see.

Comment

• sneaky one
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

A many of us here have so many deer hunt pics to share , with the Grrrr in tow., how can we bump this up a notch to the magazine editors? Which one of the know nothings there--let this article thru ?

I have used the 7.62x40WT with Great success on deer also! It is a =30-30 in an AR package. Good to 175 yds.

Lack of knowledge is the problem here, on these mag rag writers- they have an agenda to follow, they don't proof read= duh... I only have the Shooting.Times . rag here .. They lost a lot of great guys last year= Holy F.!
          The more we can grow-learn expand ( not by waistlines!) , to add the AR middy cals. to a listing, the better the choices will be -later
          Last edited by sneaky one; 02-20-2014, 11:53 PM.

Comment

This is a retard list. And .450 bushmaster. Why not the Beowulf. Ive shot deer through the front of the chest area and it exited out of the back left rib cage. And when the deer was it it raised up and fell over backwards dead right there. I hate how people dont give the Grendel the credit it deserves. That article on the magazine said it best that time. The 6.5 Grendel the best cartridge the military doesnt have!

Comment

Comment

• dammitman
                Warrior
                • Dec 2012

Originally posted by txgunner00 View Post
                Looks like a sponsor list.
                thats what i was thinking too,,,,

Comment

• RakkasanDad
                  Bloodstained
                  • Jan 2014