• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gjpollman
    Unwashed
    • Sep 2013

Range day with factory A-Max

This isnt the first time I have shot the grendel since finishing the build a few months back but at least the first day it wasnt so cold I was shaking... pretty decent results overall but I am confident I can improve with some better loads and taking a bit more time but either way its looking sub MOA with factory A-Max

For those interested in the build parts... liberty 18" (got this from Tedward about 6 months ago) to which a gunsmith friend matched the heli break to the barrel and beadblasted, nodic comp rail, JP gas block, rainier arms billet ambi lower, mega side chage upper, young carrier and LBC bolt and lastly the trigger is a hiperfire (if you havent used one you need to get one... hands down the best trigger for an AR I have used)
    Last edited by gjpollman; 02-25-2014, 04:32 PM.
  • BluntForceTrauma
    Administrator
    • Feb 2011

Nice group. Good feeling, huh?

John
    :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• gjpollman
      Unwashed
      • Sep 2013

I have to get the calipers out and get an exact measurement on the group but just looking at that I am confident to say the only thing so far I have shot that grouped better than that has been a 6.5x284 and 7LRM both of which were made by Gunwerks and cost about 6x what I have into the grendel... definitely a good feeling so far especially since I dont seem to be suffering any of the issues that are being discussed at great length on other parts of the forum.

Comment

• bigbear_98
        Warrior
        • Aug 2013

Originally posted by gjpollman View Post
        I have to get the calipers out and get an exact measurement on the group but just looking at that I am confident to say the only thing so far I have shot that grouped better than that has been a 6.5x284 and 7LRM both of which were made by Gunwerks and cost about 6x what I have into the grendel... definitely a good feeling so far especially since I dont seem to be suffering any of the issues that are being discussed at great length on other parts of the forum.
        Was it at 100 yards and are the squares 1"? If so....

Last edited by bigbear_98; 02-25-2014, 05:13 PM.

Comment

• gjpollman
          Unwashed
          • Sep 2013

Yes, 100yrd and 1" squares

Comment

• Tedward
            Banned
            • Feb 2013

The rifle looks great and glad it's a shooter. And yes the comp with the blend job turned out great. Good work.

Comment

• Slappy
              Warrior
              • Feb 2014

Yup that will do. Nice rifle. BANG BANG!!!

Comment

Very nice. The Grendel is a very addictive little round! Great shooting, and u can't beat that from a gas gun. I was disappointed at first because my Grendel with Templar pipe was just under moa at 100, not like some of the one holers I've seen pics of on here. But the more I shot at longer range, I was extremely pleased, holding under moa out to 730 yds so far. Will go further this spring.

Richard

Comment

• gjpollman
                  Unwashed
                  • Sep 2013

The range I RSO at has a 1000yrd and 1200yrd range so once the roads open to get back to those parts of range I will report in on the 1000... electronic targets so they will do all the math for me...

Comment

• cst
                    Warrior
                    • Jan 2014

do you know the muzzle velocity?

Comment

• gjpollman
                      Unwashed
                      • Sep 2013

I have not pulled out the chrono yet... I will get that on the next round

Comment

Very nice group. Congrats on your build.

Comment

• Sojorboy
                          Warrior
                          • Nov 2011

gjpollman, is that a Leupold VXR ?

Comment

• customcutter

Sweet, I also just finished an 18" Liberty barrel build, and have .010 jump with 123 SST's. Mine was from the group buy. I got it sighted in but only got too put two rounds down it once I was shooting for a group.

Comment

• gjpollman
                              Unwashed
                              • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Sojorboy View Post
                              gjpollman, is that a Leupold VXR ?
                              Yes its the VXR Patrol 3-9... love the reticle BUT I somewhat would have preferred their TMR reticle and more power. I am looking at ordering a Mark 6 3-18x and keep the VXR for hunting.

Comment

Working...
                              X