Hornady OAL Gauge (bent for semi) Modification?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hornady OAL Gauge (bent for semi) Modification?

I bought the LNL OAL gauge and modified case... however, because of the extension beyond the threads on the gauge I cannot seat my bullet deep enough into the gauge to get a good reading. I understand now that most of you use the straight one but I am not going to fork over the extra coin to change now... Have any of you modified this particular gauge to work?
  • Walter
    Warrior
    • Jan 2013

I have that gage and use it with no problem. I am not sure of what you problem is. Got a pic?

Comment

Where my fingertip is is too long... With the modified case in place an sst is over 2.300" simply resting against that extension... I'm wondering if anyone has ground it down or cut it off or anything.

Comment

• Walter
        Warrior
        • Jan 2013

What kind of barrel are you using it on. Would it be a liberty by chance? I have the same problem. I just do not screw it all the way down. It still works fine. I thought about shorting it, but I want to use it on 223.

Comment

• Everrest
          Bloodstained
          • Jun 2011

I had to grind mine down in order to use it with the 6.5 grendel and the 123 AMax. I modified mine a year ago. This mod has nothing to due with what type of barrel you have.
          It still works with other calibers. I think I trimmed mine 0.100".
          Last edited by Everrest; 02-27-2014, 02:23 AM.

Comment

I did mine as well. Works like a champ now...

Comment

Working...
            X