• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kikn
    Warrior
    • Nov 2011

not a grendel but still dead pigs...

Here is the video. This was yesterday when I got busted...very tragic day...

Not sure how I got busted the wind was good. Going to about 4-4:30 from my position. Maybe because I was standing and they come up from the water I stick out.

Here is my redemption video. They came in from the same area that they ran away from the day before...

I feel good because I shot "the smart pig"

If I was pay g attention I could have got another. Bit I was tryo g to get my shot on the other pig

Again the wind is good its about 5-6:00. I'm careful this time not to move at all until the pigs are at the upper level. That is why you don't see them come in on camera. The black one was very skid dish coming in and I waited as long as I could to ensure he felt comfortable and I could get a good shot

And this is how I found him 40 yards away followed a blood trail the looked like the yellow brick road only it was red...

Got one more at the 12:39 feed. Two pigs came storming over the hill at around 10-15 yards. My friend Chris pulled up the night vision and laid this guy out Around d 25 yards
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Kikn; 03-05-2014, 07:49 AM.
  • Slappy
    Warrior
    • Feb 2014

Yup, that will work. The Curley Shuffle!! Nice going. BANG BANG!!

Comment

• Slappy
      Warrior
      • Feb 2014

Shoot them all before they die!! BANG BANG!! Watch out for those beer drinkin pigs!!

Comment

What does your stand look like? Very nice shot. I was thinking simultaneous shoot for that one, with ear buds and commo with a commander and 2 shooters on the same freq.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
          Administrator
          • Feb 2011

Dang! Nice shootin' for launching a stick at them!

John
          :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• Kikn
            Warrior
            • Nov 2011

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
            What does your stand look like? Very nice shot. I was thinking simultaneous shoot for that one, with ear buds and commo with a commander and 2 shooters on the same freq.
            Its a 20' quad pod. One man stand I'll see if I can find a picture of it somewhere when I get home in a few hours from now.

It was hard not doubling up those two. I wanted to let momma go so she can make more bacon

And defintately want that black one that was CAGY and busted me the day prior which is puzzling because I had a good wind.

Which is why the smart pig had to die!!

I got excited and thought about taking another shot at momma if she came back out....greed nearly overcame me...

Comment

• Kikn
              Warrior
              • Nov 2011

Here is the picture of the stand you asked for LR

The other picture shows where we were and where the pig came up and ran across the ridge at 1:00 AM and got shot with the NV and died.

(Shot with Remington 700 SPS Tactical)

The other pig he was traveling with didn't come out into the open...but you could here it in there thinking hard about it....lol
              Attached Files

Comment

• Kikn
                Warrior
                • Nov 2011

BTW: I think my bow shot at 25 yards was further than the rifle shot.....lol

Comment

That was a great bow shot. Thanks for the stand pics and better perspective on the kill zone.

Comment

• Kikn
                    Warrior
                    • Nov 2011

No problem.

I got another story but I'm just going to send a link to it.

I took a buddy out that had never been hunting before and he wanted to go to public land close by... anyway here is a li k to the story with pics.... this was today BTW.

Comment

Working...
                    X