• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • babue
    Warrior
    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQdgE9K3ZLc

Looks like eye relief is very short, the way Rob Pincus has it set up.
    Eye relief is listed as the same as an ACOG. If you shop around I have seen one for just less than $1000, new
    I wish I would have picked one up.
    Browe started the company because he had ideas that would improve the product but Trijicon, is a large company,
    that sells all it can make and was not interested.
    American industry at work, if you have a better idea, go for it.

Comment

• WildBill3/75

Originally posted by babue View Post
      Eye relief is listed as the same as an ACOG. If you shop around I have seen one for just less than $1000, new
      I wish I would have picked one up.
      Browe started the company because he had ideas that would improve the product but Trijicon, is a large company,
      that sells all it can make and was not interested.
      American industry at work, if you have a better idea, go for it.
      TA11 3.5x is around 2.5" eye relief...1.5" is complete garbage and one of the reasons I'd never personally own a 4x acog.

Comment

• Klem
        Chieftain
        • Aug 2013

Originally posted by WildBill3/75 View Post
        TA11 3.5x is around 2.5" eye relief...1.5" is complete garbage and one of the reasons I'd never personally own a 4x acog.
        Never have liked the ACOGs for that reason. I value my eye socket too much.

Comment

• explorecaves

Originally posted by cory View Post
          I'm going to be interested to see what the reliability is for all these electronics on the browe, particularly the sensor that adjusts the brightness of the chevron.
          If it is built to mil-spec standards, I am positive it will be fine. There are plenty of surface mount photodiodes that are incredibly robust. Throw in some dense foam potting around the board/components and it can easily survive several G's of shock.

Comment

• cory
            Chieftain
            • Jun 2012

Originally posted by explorecaves View Post
            If it is built to mil-spec standards, I am positive it will be fine. There are plenty of surface mount photodiodes that are incredibly robust. Throw in some dense foam potting around the board/components and it can easily survive several G's of shock.
            Oh I didn't doubt that. I was referring to long term use. i.e. 6-12 month deployment.
            "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Variable
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Klem View Post
              Never have liked the ACOGs for that reason. I value my eye socket too much.
              I'm not crazy about that part either, but I begrudgingly live with it. I use them on 5.56 and slide it as far back as I can. With a Matech or KAC BUIS I end up NTCH for a sight picture. I definitely wish they could squeak out another inch or two!

On my 14.5" Grendel I use a NF 2.5-10 instead. Unfortunately I won't be buying any more of them with their current pricing.
              Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
              We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• Variable
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2011

Originally posted by cory View Post
                Oh I didn't doubt that. I was referring to long term use. i.e. 6-12 month deployment.
                I just looked at their .308 reticle.

It lists an eye relief of 37mm. That's 1.457 inch.... No thanks. I ain't putting my eye that close to a .308!

Comment

• Variable
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2011

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                  I don't remember mentioning anything about Minox. Must have been someone else.

I didn't get to look at much in terms of optics at this year's SHOT. I had a lot of appointments with people on things related to Grendel.

My biggest issues with ACOG's are the eye relief, way too short, and exit pupil, way too small. They make great robust scopes for soldiers for general issue that take a beating, but are not preferred by trained shooters when the option of a variable power is there.
                  I must be losing it. Maybe it was gr8fuldoug? I tried searching but can't find it. I thought someone said Minox was bringing out a 1-8X tactical style optic. Nevermind. I've officially gone batty these days!

Comment

• Tony Williams

Originally posted by stanc View Post
                    Thanks. I thought I had to be doing the conversion wrong. Somehow I latched onto 15.43 grams = 1 ounce.
                    15.432 grains = 1 gram.

Comment

• Drifter
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Variable View Post
                      I thought someone said Minox was bringing out a 1-8X tactical style optic. Nevermind. I've officially gone batty these days!
                      Link: http://www.minox.com/index.php?id=10674&L=02
                      Drifter

Comment

• stanc
                        Banned
                        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by stanc View Post
                        Thanks. I thought I had to be doing the conversion wrong. Somehow I latched onto 15.43 grams = 1 ounce.
                        Originally posted by Tony Williams View Post
                        15.432 grains = 1 gram.
                        Oh, swell. So in addition to suffering from CRS, now I'm developing aixelsyd...

Comment

That Minox 1-8x looks like a very promising system:

Comment

• Variable
                            Chieftain
                            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Drifter View Post
                            That's it! I can't remember where I saw a brief description of it posted, but anywhoo--- It got me hot and bothered!

My great hope is that it doesn't end up being insanely priced.....

ETA: http://www.all4shooters.com/en/speci...tics/Minox-zp/
                            Last edited by Variable; 03-18-2014, 02:34 AM.

Comment

• Buck2732
                              Warrior
                              • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Variable View Post
                              That's it! I can't remember where I saw a brief description of it posted, but anywhoo--- It got me hot and bothered!

My great hope is that it doesn't end up being insanely priced.....

ETA: http://www.all4shooters.com/en/speci...tics/Minox-zp/

An MSRP of €2499!!!!!! Gee that's only $3,475.11 USD!!!!!! Aaaagggghhh!!!!
                              Its come down a bit... not much.

Buck2732

"You will know you are in a nuclear attack by the bright flash, loud explosion, widespread destruction, intense heat, strong winds and the rising of a mushroom cloud".

"I have no idea what weapons will be used in the next world war... but I do know that world war 4 will be fought with sticks and stones". A Einstein.

PER ARDUA

Comment

• jonny rotton
                                Warrior
                                • Dec 2015

i have gone with a leupold vx6 on my 16" grendel. its light enough yet on 1x with the red dot on it is smoking fast at close range multiple targets. the very center dot is 1/2 moa.
                                its very precise for longer range work. i love it. my whole scoped rifle only weighs 7.25 pounds.

Comment

Working...
                                X