• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Crippleshot1
    Bloodstained
    • Jan 2014

I need help to ID a upper receiver.

This upper is marked on the back side of the rear take down lug with ( P..) the P is above the .. The marking is CNC cut very neatly. If you know the origin of this upper I would appreciate your advice. Thanks.

Pics of upper?

Is it forged or billet? M4, A2 ? Need more details.

Short story is that many machine shops engrave a letter like this on the rear of the takedown pin lug, while some engrave markings on the receiver face above the gas tube hole.

There is also usually a forge code on the right side of the upper just to the rear of the brass deflector. A google search for AR15 forge code markings can help you ID where the blank forging came from, but not necessarily which machine shop did the finish machining.

Comment

• Crippleshot1
      Bloodstained
      • Jan 2014

It is a forged flat top upper with the keyhole forge marking from Cerro Forge on it. It has the M4 feed ramps but it is not marked with the M4 stamp in the front of the rail above the gas tube inlet. The only marking on it besides the keyhole forge mark is the capital P with .. below the letter on the back of the rear takedown lug shown in the picture.image.jpg

Comment

• Crippleshot1
        Bloodstained
        • Jan 2014

Anyone recognize the upper receiver lug markings in the photo. I guess if I never find out, I can tell my shooting buddies it's one of those fancy Panda receivers. haha

Comment

Google search brought up this:

Firearm Discussion and Resources from AR-15, AK-47, Handguns and more! Buy, Sell, and Trade your Firearms and Gear.

Comment

• Crippleshot1
            Bloodstained
            • Jan 2014

I found this info as well. Thank you for looking too. I guess I'm just trying to find out what machine shop milled this upper with the P and .. underneath it. For one thing it is a great example of a forged upper. It fits very nicely in almost all of my lowers (aero, stag, s&w and vltor). No side play or wobble not that matters that much. There are no machine marks that stand out either. I just like a rattle free gun for no other reason than an attention to detail and pride. Shoots great too.

Comment

Working...
            X