Are spare extractors for maxim bolts available?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are spare extractors for maxim bolts available?

Where can they be ordered?
    What is a good place to order good Grendel extractors if they aren't available.
  • Tedward
    Banned
    • Feb 2013

Send an e-mail, he is making some now and making extras to sell separate from bolts.

Comment

Originally posted by Tedward View Post
      Send an e-mail, he is making some now and making extras to sell separate from bolts.

Who is he? Mark or Frank.

Comment

• Tedward
        Banned
        • Feb 2013

Maxim Firearms is Frank. http://www.maximfirearms.com/contact/ He is a machinist and makes bolt's, extractors, carriers and more.
        Precision Firearms is Mark. He builds rifles and specializes in Grendels. Not sure if Mark is selling extractors.

Comment

• PrecisionFirearms
          Warrior
          • Apr 2011

We have a few extra in Super Match if you need. Also running some on the CNC tonight and most of Tomorrow. Hoping to get about 200 done. These though will need to go to finishers first so they will be about 2 weeks max. Then we will have plenty. These have no sharp edges and are hand inspected.

Mark Hostetter
          Precision Firearms
          "Precision - The Pinnacle of Perfection."

Comment

• PrecisionFirearms
            Warrior
            • Apr 2011

Maxim Firearms is Frank. http://www.maximfirearms.com/contact/ He is a machinist and makes bolt's, extractors, carriers and more.
            Precision Firearms is Mark. He builds rifles and specializes in Grendels. Not sure if Mark is selling extractors.
            Does that mean I am not a machinist? You know I have 2 Mori Seiki Horizontals, 2 Mori Verticals, 3 Mori Lathes and one Hass VF3 Right? We draw in Solid Works. I personally do all the drawings (modeling) and have two guys that do the CAM work, although I can do that too. We are drawing up 308 Upper Receivers right now!

Mark Hostetter
            Precision Firearms

Comment

• Buster
              Warrior
              • Mar 2012

Originally posted by PrecisionFirearms View Post
              I have 2 Mori Seiki Horizontals, 2 Mori Verticals, 3 Mori Lathes and one Hass VF3 Right? We draw in Solid Works. I personally do all the drawings (modeling) and have two guys that do the CAM work, although I can do that too. We are drawing up 308 Upper Receivers right now!

Mark Hostetter
              Precision Firearms
              NICE!!!
              Any thing in the works for 6.5 Creedmoor?

Comment

• Tedward
                Banned
                • Feb 2013

Does that mean I am not a machinist? You know I have 2 Mori Seiki Horizontals, 2 Mori Verticals, 3 Mori Lathes and one Hass VF3 Right? We draw in Solid Works. I personally do all the drawings (modeling) and have two guys that do the CAM work, although I can do that too. We are drawing up 308 Upper Receivers right now!

Mark Hostetter
                Precision Firearms
                You know I wasn't meaning it like that.. like we talked, your a rifle manufacture "as you said" not a barrel and parts dealer but looks like your going that way so all the more people making parts the merrier.

And you manufacture some bad ass receiver sets too. And I do like the 308/AR10 lower we looked and and glad your getting the upper going. I guess the new facility is making more room for you to expand so glad things are moving forward....

Comment

• PrecisionFirearms
                  Warrior
                  • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Buster View Post
                  NICE!!!
                  Any thing in the works for 6.5 Creedmoor?
                  We already offer the Creedmore with either the Lilja or Bartlein Barrels. I need to get these listed. They are the same price as the 260 Remington uppers on our website with Lilja Barrels, 40 more for Bartlein Barrels.

Mark Hostetter
                  Precision Firearms

Comment

• PrecisionFirearms
                    Warrior
                    • Apr 2011

You know I wasn't meaning it like that.. like we talked, your a rifle manufacture "as you said" not a barrel and parts dealer but looks like your going that way so all the more people making parts the merrier.

And you manufacture some bad ass receiver sets too. And I do like the 308/AR10 lower we looked and and glad your getting the upper going. I guess the new facility is making more room for you to expand so glad things are moving forward....
                    Hey, I was only busting your chops!

Mark Hostetter

Comment

Mark Hostetter
                      Precision Firearms
                      are you going to make the dpms GII?

Comment

• PrecisionFirearms
                        Warrior
                        • Apr 2011

Not sure yet. I think it was a poor move on DPMS parts to change the 308 pattern again. Not convinced the system is quite strong enough for match grade 308's either.

Precision Firearms

Comment

Working...
                        X