SHILEN BARRELS IN STOCK at MIDWAY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SHILEN BARRELS IN STOCK at MIDWAY

I just ordered and received from MIDWAY. As of 3/14 they had 17 in stock 20" stnls. HBAR with 6.5 bolt. on Sale too. Product #833900. HOWEVER, to my dismay the bolt was missing from the package. The barrel was wrapped in the original Shilen wrapper with label, in a tube with styrofoam end spacers. But no bolt.
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Contact Midway because it should have had a bolt. I bought the DCM profile Shilen barrel/bolt in October of 2012 from Midway USA. The Shilen barrel I have shoots MOA or better, I just can't shoot up to the capabilities of the barrel/rifle.

If I remember correctly my bolt was actually locked into the barrel extension and not in a separate package, but wrapped up with the barrel.

Comment

• cbe1962
      Warrior
      • Sep 2012

Both 20" Shilen barrels I ordered from Midway (mid-2012 and this month) had the matched and numbered bolts in a bag, rubber-banded to the paper-wraped barrel. Make sure you give Midway the serial number of your barrel so they can send you the matching bolt.

Comment

• Tedward
        Banned
        • Feb 2013

My barrel I just got last week also had matching bolt with SN engraved on the barrel and bolt. The package even said match barrel and bolt then the number written on the outside.

I think Shilen will need the barrel to match it up or just send it back and get another package.

Comment

• poli
          Bloodstained
          • Feb 2014

I ordered mine at about the same time and when I got it I thought the bolt was missing. However, I checked the tube again and found it pushed into one of the styrofoam end spacers. It was in a plastic bag with a rubber band and the number on the barrel matched the number on the bolt.

Comment

I emailed customer service, they suggested I call Shilen. I did and of course C.S. at Shilen says they are matched and head spaced to each individual barrel. Today I reluctantly returned the barrel. I have been waiting since last April for my order from Alexander Arms. I think they lost my order. That is why I ordered the barrel from Midway (I waited 6 months on back order for the barrel I just returned!) I posted that they had 17 barrels in stock when I ordered mine. When I called this morning they were out of stock again and expected more in AUGUST!!!! Crikies! This rifle had better be a tack driver for all this BS I have had to endure. {:-(

Comment

• Tedward
              Banned
              • Feb 2013

Call Lilja.

Comment

Shilen/Midway barrel saga Cont.

Today I received (again), my Shilen 6.5 Grendel Stainless HBAR from Midway. After I returned it it occurred to me that I didn't open the other end of the tube. I simply looked down and just saw the styrofoam. I called customer service and explained what I stupidly did, and they promised to keep a watch for it. I told them that if indeed the bolt was in the package simply return it to me and charge me the additional shipping. True to their word the barrel was on its way back to me. I have to say that they really know what "Customer Service" means! More often than not some companies talk the talk, but don't walk the walk. Thanks guys!

Comment

Today I also Received from Brownells, a Daniel Defense upper with forward assist and port door. Upper looks really nice and the Shilen HBAR match barrel fits perfectly into it. The Samson evolution key slot 15" hand guard looks great and the Yankee machine tool low profile gas block fits underneath just fine. The gas block is just a tad small ID, so I'll have to do some fitting.
                  I still need a bolt carrier. What make do you guys like? I'm leaning towards the Fail Zero. Their Exotreated Nickel-Boron coated carrier sounds like the way to go.

Comment

• Tedward
                    Banned
                    • Feb 2013

I like the Stainless Steel JP Low Mass Carreir and Silent Capture Spring. I have these in 3 uppers and all use the one lower with the silent capture buffer spring. Easy to clean and no discollor if you go with the Polished model. The Black model cleans up black so again, slick and smooth like new, no coating to discolor after 1,500 rounds. http://www.jsesurplus.com/jppolished...erwithkey.aspx

Couple bucks less then JSE but not the silver finish. So black for a couple bux less.

Comment

Bolt carriers

Hey Ted!
                      Thanks for the reply, My next question to Y'all was going to be on silent buffers!! ya must have read my mind! I think that the JPSCS captured spring sounds like what I have been looking for.

Comment

• Tedward
                        Banned
                        • Feb 2013

I like them and will never go back to the rattle in the stock. As for the BC, there are many but don't try to save $20 and get the cheaper model. Plating can peal if not applied correctly and that is one great thing about the JP Product, NO Plating, Solid Stainless Steel. Even if you go with there Full Mass Carrier, just a quality product you can't go wrong with.

Also if you want a Nib. Carrier, Maxim Firearms makes top notch carriers. No side sales and companies puting there name on them, buy from the source if you want a Nib Carrier. http://www.maximfirearms.com/online-store/

Just my .02

Comment

• poli
                          Bloodstained
                          • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Tedward View Post
                          Also if you want a Nib. Carrier, Maxim Firearms makes top notch carriers. No side sales and companies puting there name on them, buy from the source if you want a Nib Carrier. http://www.maximfirearms.com/online-store/

Just my .02
                          +1 for carrier from Maxim Firearms; Frank is a really nice guy to deal with.

Comment

Working...
                          X