Meet Frank the Tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meet Frank the Tank

I have been chasing this guy around for a few months and today finally caught up to him. RIP Frank the Tank:

• Slappy
    Warrior
    • Feb 2014

What a bruiser for sure!!! Can't read the scale, how much did he weigh?? Nice hog, good going. BANG BANG!!

Comment

Couldn't get his nose off the ground... Read 240 with nose still on the ground

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
        Chieftain
        • Sep 2013

Goodbye, Frank!

Nice job!
        Kill a hog. Save the planet.
        My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• VASCAR2
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Just curious if this was a quartering shot with the exit by the hip? Out of Curiosity was he shot with the 123 SST, details please.

Comment

Shot in the head... He couldn't move the front of his body but was trying to push himself with his back legs. Ended up putting 4 in him to anchor/kill quickly... That was my first anchor shot... He was a beast!

ETA: Yes... quartering toward me
            Last edited by Guest; 03-24-2014, 09:09 PM.

Comment

That's a big boy right there. It's amazing how tough they are, and can take punishment and keep trying to egress the AO.

Comment

That's a big'un...

Comment

• Dave Bob
                  Bloodstained
                  • Dec 2013

That's a lot of Bacon!!

Dave

Comment

• sneaky one
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2011

Nicely done Pig ops. Which pill ended his day? Interested in trying a pig kill, from a different angle , using a diff. wt. bullet? PM me asap. The plan is in motion.

Comment

123 SST has been my go to... 28.3 g of 8208

Comment

• rebelsoul
                        Warrior
                        • Jan 2014

You know we thrive on details here, so come on with it! Distance, terrain, previous missed oportunities and the play by play on the shots. That is a knarly lookin' beast, good job.
                        "When you have to shoot... Shoot! Don't talk." Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez a.k.a. "The Rat".

Comment

• 81police
                          Warrior
                          • Feb 2013

Big pig down!
                          John 11:25-26

Comment

Ok ok.. I've shot him twice previously and he ran off unaffected (that's obviously how he earned the nickname)... Don't ask me how. The grendel typically drops them dead and I really assumed the second time I shot him that he ran off and died. I was sitting a stand that I had recently put corn in to see if the pigs are still moving through but I left because of cows. It was getting close to dark so I hopped in the truck and drove to the next feeder, parked about 400 yards away and crept up a fence line to give me a view of the feeder. That's when I saw the barrel on the ground walking around on four legs... Frank the tank! There was a tree between me an him and a huge juniper that I used to creep up to the stand. I used the ladder as a rest and waited between 3-5 minutes for him to give me a shot. It was roughly 125 yds.

Comment

• rebelsoul
                              Warrior
                              • Jan 2014

Thanks PigOps, that's the kind of bedtime story I like.
                              "When you have to shoot... Shoot! Don't talk." Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez a.k.a. "The Rat".

Comment

Working...
                              X