• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stanc
    Banned
    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by bwaites View Post
    One issue is that we really haven't defined what the Grendel is.

Is it the cartridge?

Is it the chamber?
    Yeah. I really, really hate these kinds of threads.

When some people talk about "the Grendel," it's often hard to tell if they mean the cartridge or the chamber. Some mean the cartridge, but it sounds like they mean the chamber, and vice versa.

There oughta be a forum rule forbidding use of "the Grendel" phrase by itself. It should be mandatory to either use "the Grendel chamber" or "the Grendel cartridge" as appropriate.

Comment

• koden
      Bloodstained
      • Sep 2014

I have been around since the original forum and owned a Grendel chamber, BHW type 1 and 2 chambers and currently have a barrel with a LBC .264 chamber (yes, I know its essentially the same as one of the BHW chambers).

If I am BUILDING a rifle all of these chamber details are very important to me in order to get the correct bolt for the barrel.

I referred to all of them as "My Grendel". They all shot the same round and use the same dies to reload.

IMHO the difference in accuracy between the various chambers are insignificant. If a quality barrel maker made say 12 barrels and used 4 different reamer specs to make 3 of each chamber and you shot them side by side I bet there would not be a measurable difference in accuracy across the sample group.

When I talk to people the last thing I want to do is turn them off the CARTRIDGE by confusing them with all the different variants in the barrel chambers. Just get a rifle that shoots the grendel CARTRIDGE and call it a Grendel. If you have to discuss replacement bolts then be chamber specific.

It's a great round but people come here and see all this controversy over which chamber is the best and it's a real turn off.

Pick a quality barrel or a rifle from a trusted source and shoot the thing.

Comment

• se3388
        Warrior
        • Sep 2011

I bought a Grendel barrel and bolt combo (Liberty ?) from Midway USA earlier this year, I believe it was after the brewhaha about the chambers they were selling. Not sure what it is called but it says 6.5 Grendel on the side of the barrel. It doesn't really matter that much to me I guess unless I ever had to have it worked on. This thing has shot some unbelievable groups. I had IT&D Custom Gun barrel a Mini MkX in 6.5 Grendel also and it shoots even better, not sure what that is other than a 6.5 Grendel. I am more than happy with mine, lets all just go shoot and have some fun.

Steve..........

Comment

Working...
        X