X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Double Naught Spy
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2013

Its a great tool, but almost all land in Texas is privately owned and that's not shown. It helps a lot in Montana and Idaho and Washington where big chunks are public, not so much in Texas.
    Once again your reading comprehension is a little faulty!

Seeing the map doesn't help if you can't see the property lines and don't know who owns it, even if you can figure out where the lines are. Almost all land in Texas is private property!
    I think his comprehension and maps skills are just fine. Google is a great tool, even for private lands. No, it does not tell you everything, but it does tell you a tremendous amount. Of course, nobody claimed it told you everything, but just that is a great tool, and it is.

While almost all the land in Texas is private land, no doubt, we still have more public hunting land that the size of the whole state of Rhode Island.

I hunt private lands in Texas and I use Google Earth and Google Maps to help me with my hunts.
    Kill a hog. Save the planet.
    My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
      Chieftain
      • Sep 2013

For the OP, other parts of Google are useful as well.

For all those people who find it more convenient to bother you with their question rather than to Google it for themselves.
      Kill a hog. Save the planet.
      My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

"Gerting into hog hunting", is different then deer hunting. Here if Florida the hogs are the desandents of ferral hogs first released by the Spanish in the 1500s. If you go with a paid hunt,it's probably a fenced area with you shooting hogs under a feeder. I could probably give you the name of a few to go to while your family is vacatoning at Disney. The other kinds are more emotionally rewarding. First you build build relationships with landowners over years. Then your landowner friend calls you up and tells you that the hogs are tearing up his land in such and such an area. Then you go out to that area and stock and kill the offending hogs. Then he calls you back again in a few months and you do it again. The problem with the second way is that its hard to do without those relationships, and its always at someone else's convience. And there is a fair amount of public land in Fla to hunt also. And lots of hogs on the public lands. Most of it walk in and drag your hog out only.Google helps some, but a flat swamp is a flat swamp from any altitude. My suggestion would be to find a lease that has hogs on it. Bring your family down for the worst of the winter and do some hunting on your lease while you are here.

Comment

• usmc1371
          Warrior
          • Aug 2011

I know people hunt hogs here in my area. They know ranch owners and they hunt in the national forests. Building relations with ranch owners does take time. Good luck. Pigs are smart.

Comment

Working...
          X