My Experience with Selway Armory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Experience with Selway Armory

So I recently saw the helpful posting from a fellow forum member about Selway Armory and the Hornady 123gr SST factory ammo at $17.99 per box.

I have never dealt with the company before, but I thought the price was too good to pass up. I went ahead and ordered 200rds, as the price is just too good.

As soon as I ordered, I got order confirmation and a shipping notification. That was fast. They said 2-day shipping, but I figured there would be some business days in there, and forgot about it. That was Thursday.

FEDEX just dropped off the ammo at my door. That was awesome. Buy with confidence fellow members of the horde! Let the feeding frenzy begin! When I ordered, they had over 1700 units in stock. It's now down to 856.

I have a feeling this is going to be one of those years where I have a hard time finding justification for mass-producing my hand loads for the Grendel....

Loaded with Hornady's 123 Grain SSTbullet, this round combines proven Hornady performance with a higher ballistic coefficient than available with most hunting bullets. The sharp, pointed polymer tip creates a faster, flatter shooting bullet. With its one-piece core and jacket strengthened in critical areas, the SST delivers much more controlled expansion and superior weight retention than other tipped bullets. Featuring Hornady's trade mark InterLock ring system, this bullet's core and jacket remain locked solid during expansion, creating massive wound channels.Technical Information Caliber: 6.5 Grendel Bullet Weight: 123 Grains Bullet Style: SST Case Type: Brass Ballistics Information: Muzzle Velocity: 2580 fps Muzzle Energy: 1818 ft. lbs.
  • sneaky one
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Well yes, yet report back on the accuracy asap. Good find for the masses dude!

Comment

• montana
      Chieftain
      • Jun 2011

Their business is only 20 minutes away from me. They just expanded their retail store which is right across from their on line store. Their employees are all young gun guys who love their jobs. They all wear the same employee tactical clothes, carry openly and love their jobs by the positive and helpful attitude they give off. The employees and owner have their personal AR rifles on a rack accessible to anyone who wants to hold and look at. Selway Arms has taken over the tactical rifle market in my area with the best prices and huge inventory of equipment they keep in stock. This business started in a personal garage and has grown into a thriving business. The owner Jim Zimmerman is an 18 year infantry vet who loves the same toys as anyone on this forum and has done an outstanding job with his business. The only negative about their store is how hard it is to leave. If you are ever in Missoula I would recommend stopping in to take a look. You wont be disappointed.

Comment

• Flagman
        Unwashed
        • Mar 2014

I paid that much for Lapua brass. How does it shoot? Iam planning on reloading but who could pass on this if it shoots, flagman

Comment

• aclark
          Warrior
          • Dec 2011

Please don't buy it all. It wasn't in my budget last month, but I'm planning on fitting it in with this month's fun money. Leave some for me!

Comment

• stevegun 1

aclark, as of two minutes ago I left 836 units available according to their website. Waiting for the FedX truck next.

Comment

• NugginFutz
              Chieftain
              • Aug 2013

I saw no reason not to grab some up, and left a mere 826.
              If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• Buster
                Warrior
                • Mar 2012

I've bought from Selway 3 or 4 times. Always prompt to ship...it takes a few more days for delivery to the heart of Dixie.

Comment

• Butterbean
                  Warrior
                  • Oct 2012

Great - now I'll have ammo before an upper....

Nice find & thanks for sharing.
                  Lifetime: NRA, GOA, 2AF

Comment

• rabiddawg
                    Chieftain
                    • Feb 2013

806 remain after my order.
                    Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• Heywood
                      Warrior
                      • Aug 2013

They're on the ball

I ordered a few this morning at 5:00 am and by 9:00 am they sent me notification that it had been shipped. Now that is customer service.
                      Thanks for the heads up.
                      quis posuit in mea ocreis bologna!

Comment

• stevegun 1

Just got home and found a package at the door, a Hornady 10 Pack, fresh and clean, thanks LRRPF52 and Selway!

Comment

• Butterbean
                          Warrior
                          • Oct 2012

Originally posted by stevegun 1 View Post
                          just got home and found a package at the door, a hornady 10 pack, fresh and clean, thanks lrrpf52 and selway!

^^^^^^^^^^^^ditto!^^^^^^^^^^^^
                          Lifetime: NRA, GOA, 2AF

Comment

• cbe1962
                            Warrior
                            • Sep 2012

Ordered late Monday, shipped Tuesday, arrived Friday. Less than $1 per round to my door. Selway is a good find.

Comment

• txgrendel
                              Unwashed
                              • Mar 2014

I ordered 100 rounds about 2 weeks ago and they came within 5 days....they keep the prices right I'll keep buying

Comment

Working...
                              X