• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lilharcher
    Warrior
    • Feb 2013

My 7lb Lilja WASP build

Very excited about my new build. Just got my small parts back from Cerakote and finally got it put together. Purchased the Lilja WASP profile 18.88" barrel via the group buy (thanks again Cory). Here are a few pics:

IMG_4622.jpg
    IMG_4621.jpg
    IMG_4624.jpg

Saved my pennies to buy all of my favorite parts. Here is the listing of all parts:
    1) Lilja 18.88" WASP profile barrel - mid-length gas port
    2) .350 JPE Bennie Cooley Comp
    3) Seekins Precision Billet Lower (non-logo) - all small parts cerakoted foliage
    4) Seekins Precision Billet Upper
    5) Noveske 15" NSR Rail (keymod)
    6) Geissele Super 3 Gun (S3G) Trigger - hybrid one/two stag w/ 3.5lb break
    7) Syrac .750 Adjustable Gas Block
    8) B5 Systems Enhanced SOPMOD Stock - Foliage Green
    9) Magpul MOE Grip - Foliage
    10) JP Enterprises Low Mass Carrier
    11) Alexander Arms Bolt
    12) JP Enterprises Silent Capture Spring
    13) BCM Mod 4 Charging Handle - Cerakote Foliage
    14) Spikes Tactical Ambi Selector - Cerakoted Foliage
    15) CMMG Lower Parts Kit w/o Trigger - All visible parts Cerakoted Foliage
    16) C-Products Mag - Cerakoted Foliage

Cerakote done by OC Custom Coatings in Orange County, CA. Thanks Paul!

Items not pictured - (i) NSR Rail Panels - Foliage, (ii) SWFA 3x15x42 Scope, and (iii) LaRue LT-158 (w/ 10 MOA built-in).

Super light build......NSR rail is the lowest profile rail i have ever used.....really like it and it is comfortable in my hand. Can't wait to get to the range. Thanks for looking!
    Last edited by lilharcher; 04-05-2014, 09:52 PM.
  • montana
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2011

That is one nice looking rifle, top of the line build. Looks like you spent your pennies in all the right places. Is that graphite black Cerakote on the receivers or is that the standard finish? I like it.
    Last edited by montana; 04-05-2014, 11:30 PM.

Comment

• lilharcher
      Warrior
      • Feb 2013

Thanks for the kind words. The upper, lower, and hand guard are existing standard finish. All small parts, including six small screws to attach hand guard to barrel nut, are cerakoted foliage green. I'm debating whether or not to cerakote the hand guard foliage too, but tape off the top rail section and keep that black (so the transition of upper and rail on hand guard are consistent).

Originally posted by montana View Post
      That is one nice looking rifle, top of the line build. Looks like you spent your pennies in all the right places. Is that graphite black Cerakote on the receivers or is that the standard finish? I like it.

Comment

• Slappy
        Warrior
        • Feb 2014

Very nice looking rifle. Should be shooter fo sure. Happy shootin. BANG BANG!!

Comment

• Hattrick
          Bloodstained
          • Jan 2014

Sweet!

Comment

Dude that is sweet. I'm still trying to work out the details of my 18 Lilja Wasp build, but it will be lightweight and use Seekins receivers. Already have the upper. I'm thinking carbon fiber for the HG, but have also been eyeballing the BCM KMR. It's crazy lightweight.

Comment

• lilharcher
              Warrior
              • Feb 2013

I have heard the KMR is pretty sweet too. Love the NSR and have yet to own or see a lower profile hand guard. Width is only 1.45", so it hugs the WASP barrel nicely. 15" hand guard weighs only 8.5 ounces, and another 3.1 ounces for the barrel nut.

Comment

Very nice selection of parts! Congrats on your build! Post up some groups and velocities too if you can.

Comment

• Blacklab
                  Warrior
                  • Mar 2012

Very nice! looking forward to your range report.
                  Hey I'm not a complete idiot I have parts missing. Though some times I wonder.

Grendellizing predators as of the fall of 2012.

Small bullets that go really fast, make me giggle...........

Comment

• Buster
                    Warrior
                    • Mar 2012

Excellent looking stick!

Comment

• explorecaves

Very similar to my plans for cerakoting my build. Good to see my thoughts actually do look good.

Comment

• lilharcher
                        Warrior
                        • Feb 2013

Thanks, still kicking around the idea of cerakoting the handguard, but taping-off the rail section to keep the original finish across the entire top of the rail (black).

Originally posted by explorecaves View Post
                        Very similar to my plans for cerakoting my build. Good to see my thoughts actually do look good.

Comment

• explorecaves

Originally posted by lilharcher View Post
                          Thanks, still kicking around the idea of cerakoting the handguard, but taping-off the rail section to keep the original finish across the entire top of the rail (black).
                          Stop taking my ideas! LOL Looking forward to see how it looks.

Comment

That is one sexy looking rifle! What is that button above the mag release on your receiver?

Comment

• lilharcher
                              Warrior
                              • Feb 2013

Thanks for the compliment. The button above the mag release is the ambi bolt release, which is a feature on the mega and Seekins billet uppers, and other high end billet uppers.

Originally posted by Hobster View Post
                              That is one sexy looking rifle! What is that button above the mag release on your receiver?

Comment

Working...
                              X