Anyone want to trade a 24" aa upper for something shorter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jluck
    Warrior
    • Mar 2013

Anyone want to trade a 24" aa upper for something shorter?

I have a Alexander Arms 24" Overwatch upper that I'd like to trade for something 20 or 22". Mine has about 50 rounds down the tube, Shoots great with factory ammo just a few inches too long for my needs. I was going to have it cut down but I figured I would try this first. No flash hider/break.
  • jluck
    Warrior
    • Mar 2013

Bump

Comment

• jluck
      Warrior
      • Mar 2013

I would consider a barrel only swap also if someone wanted the 24" Lothar Walther barrel. I'd consider 18-22" barrels. I could add cash or other goodies for value difference.

Comment

• BjornF16
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2011

Pics? How old is the upper?
        LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
        Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!

Comment

• jluck
          Warrior
          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by BjornF16 View Post
          Pics? How old is the upper?
          I have no idea of age, The guy I bought it from said he had it for years, don't know how to narrow it down from there....He had multiple Grendels and just never had a need to shoot mine so I got it unfired and since put 50-55 rounds through it. Can I find out age by serial number? This is a complete 24" AA Overwatch rifle.

Comment

• sneaky one
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

The old school AA Entry idea, like mine., as a 20". Mid -late oughts. , in the decade. A shooter for sure, but a 24" is what it is. As a target gun=sweet..

Dude, u need to attach a price point idea... looks good., what gets the trip along with it?
            Last edited by sneaky one; 07-23-2014, 03:31 AM.

Comment

• jluck
              Warrior
              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by sneaky one View Post
              The old school AA Entry idea, like mine., as a 20". Mid -late oughts. , in the decade. A shooter for sure, but a 24" is what it is. As a target gun=sweet..

Dude, u need to attach a price point idea... looks good., what gets the trip along with it?
              Really don't want to sell the barrel for cash, I'd like to trade for something of as good or better quality in a shorter length. I have Hornady SST & A-max and AA 123 Sencar(sp?) factory ammo or cash to make up and price difference.

Comment

• Drifter
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2011

You might consider having your barrel cut to your preferred length.

The last time that I sent a barrel to Adco for some alterations, I had it back in a week.

Link: https://www.adcofirearms.com/shopservices/
                Drifter

Comment

• jluck
                  Warrior
                  • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Drifter View Post
                  You might consider having your barrel cut to your preferred length.

The last time that I sent a barrel to Adco for some alterations, I had it back in a week.

Link: https://www.adcofirearms.com/shopservices/
                  I have considered this route and almost did it once, If I go this direction I will have it fluted or dimpled for weight reduction (and cool factor) but by that time I'll be into it 220-300+ with shipping additional. That gets me a long ways towards having the exact Lilja made that I really want, So here I am again on another mental loop with my conundrum.

I do appreciate the idea and have not ruled it out, I figured I'd give a trade here a shot as I know there are many Grendel hoarders here.... Or so I've heard....

Comment

I'd take the barrel off the upper, sell the barrel and get the Lilja.

Comment

• jose
                      Unwashed
                      • Jan 2014

Swap

Where do you live and is end threaded?
                      Thanks
                      Jose

Comment

• jluck
                        Warrior
                        • Mar 2013

I'm in Oregon and yes it's threaded, don't know the pitch though.

Comment

• jluck
                          Warrior
                          • Mar 2013

Trade pending with Jose.

Comment

Working...
                          X