Another Ruby Ridge in the making?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank God that no one got overly excited and took a shot at someone.* Things could have gotten very ugly if it had turned into "armed militia attacks federal agents."

*Or, heaven forbid, was carrying one of those danged Remington guns that like to go off all by themselves.

Comment

• BjornF16
      Chieftain
      • Jun 2011

Originally posted by nincomp View Post
      Thank God that no one got overly excited and took a shot at someone.* Things could have gotten very ugly if it had turned into "armed militia attacks federal agents."

*Or, heaven forbid, was carrying one of those danged Remington guns that like to go off all by themselves.
      My R700 7mm Rem Mag is under recall for its X-Mark Pro trigger...contemplating not sending it in and going with a Timney.
      LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
      Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!

Comment

• rebelsoul
        Warrior
        • Jan 2014

The results of this issue so far is what I feel 2A was intended for. Just because it's law doesn't always make it right. I advocate violence as a last resort, but making the government consider the consequences of facing armed citizens will keep the govrnment from bullying us around. As a businessman I have had to back down from the government, choosing not to spend $30-40k on an uncertain judicial outcome, swallowing my pride on advice of counsel. I was declared a "Gentleman" by congress in 1989 but I still have a moral limit. I don't know all the details of the Bundy case; always two sides to every story. However, it appeals to my ethos that the Bundy's didn't get bulldozed.
        "When you have to shoot... Shoot! Don't talk." Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez a.k.a. "The Rat".

Comment

• NugginFutz
          Chieftain
          • Aug 2013

Originally posted by BjornF16 View Post
          My R700 7mm Rem Mag is under recall for its X-Mark Pro trigger...contemplating not sending it in and going with a Timney.
          Well, you could send it in (they pay shipping and even send you the box to return it in). If you like the trigger work (apparently it is an issue with too much adhesive or glue on the trigger), nothing lost. But... They will give you a nice little 40% off voucher for anything in their Remington Stores (ShopRemingtonCountry.com or Remington1816.com). How do you think I got this nifty Remington Keyboard? Actually, I picked up their Air Rifle and a Bullet knife for $85, down from $300. The knife was a promo, and the air rifle was 199. So, one of the bolt guns goes in the mail for a couple weeks. Big whup. I still have my blasters and Grendel.
          Last edited by NugginFutz; 04-15-2014, 02:18 PM.
          If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• bwaites
            • Mar 2011

I had a Timney in my 7mm WSM, changed to a Rifle Basix which I like much better. You can try it at Boomershoot.

Comment

• txgunner00
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

Send it in and get your 40% voucher, buy something big, then buy a Timney with the savings.
              NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

• BjornF16
                Chieftain
                • Jun 2011

Originally posted by txgunner00 View Post
                Send it in and get your 40% voucher, buy something big, then buy a Timney with the savings.
                Sounds like a wife's logic...LOL
                LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
                Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!

Comment

• txgunner00
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2011

Sounds like a wife's logic...LOL
                  Where do you think I learned it?
                  NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

Working...
                  X