BHW .264 LBC took only a month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I can get better. At 100 yds I'd like three shots in a ragged hole, 5 in a dime. This was after about 30 or 40 shots of break-in and scope-sighting.

The Lead Sled for ARs is a strange beast.

A POS, really. Out of the box, it is absolutely worthless. The Rock River 4.5 lb (which is light for an AR--most are 8) trigger pull makes the muzzle rise inches off the 100 yd target on that cheezy crappy recoil/tilt spring it has. I had to mod it with a separate 3/8" rear jam screw to defeat the spring, and keep the barrel from rising inches from the bullseye, and also, made some supplemental velcro straps to hold the stock of the gun in place in the rubber stock holder. Then it started to earn it's keep. But, still... adjusting the scope to meet where the bullet hits---? = gun moving all over the place. It should hold the gun on zero. It doesn't. It sucks.

I tried shooting 5-shot groups like this with a Harris bipod and a lead shot bag on the stock, and sucked, compared to these Lead-Sled-induced groups. So, Lead Sled still has a function for me. It sucks, but I suck worse.

Next is to see if my much -hyped X-bag is worth it's weight in Marketeering, or not.

Comment

Working...
    X