• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rebelsoul
    Warrior
    • Jan 2014

Things happen quik in BAMA!

Things happen quick in Bama, except my ability to learn how to post videos. My Grendel Girls had to teach me. I'm just learning to use my Rhino Lid Cam and thought I would share some action footage from last season. This is me using my offset buis to bag a 7 point.

ResizedImage951391298467188.jpg
    Last edited by rebelsoul; 04-13-2014, 02:22 AM.
    "When you have to shoot... Shoot! Don't talk." Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez a.k.a. "The Rat".

Congrats! That was quick. Where did you end up hitting him, and with what load?

Comment

• NugginFutz
      Chieftain
      • Aug 2013

Great job. I'm still laughing about the cigar smoke caught on video, though. The deer there must not mind second hand smoke as much as around here.
      If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• rebelsoul
        Warrior
        • Jan 2014

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
        Congrats! That was quick. Where did you end up hitting him, and with what load?
        Thanks lurp. Double lung pass thru about 1 inch behind the shoulder with factory Hornady 123sst. My favorite shot because no "meat" damage. My club has a tradition of eating fresh kill the night of the hunt. We ate his backstraps that night, stuffed with Jalepenos and cream cheese, wrapped in bacon and grilled. We inform our guest that if they want it any fresher, they will have to run very fast.
        "When you have to shoot... Shoot! Don't talk." Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez a.k.a. "The Rat".

Comment

• cory
          Chieftain
          • Jun 2012

Impressive reflexes, that happened quick.
          "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• rebelsoul
            Warrior
            • Jan 2014

Originally posted by NugginFutz View Post
            Great job. I'm still laughing about the cigar smoke caught on video, though. The deer there must not mind second hand smoke as much as around here.
            Thanks futz. If I miss my follow up shot, I'll kill 'em with cancer.
            What you can't tell from the video, I was surrounded by deer. I was trying to choose which ones to go after. The wind was headed east and I could hear deer to the north and south. The deer to the north made a crash sound and started running and snorting. I checked my wind several times because I didn't think they smelled me. After I shot animals ran off in all directions, including what looked like a mountain lion. The seven point had a fresh bite mark on his back leg with three punctures , one to the bone.

Comment

• 81police
              Warrior
              • Feb 2013

well done sir!
              John 11:25-26

Comment

• rebelsoul
                Warrior
                • Jan 2014

Originally posted by cory View Post
                Impressive reflexes, that happened quick.
                Thanks Cory. The offset BUIS makes it easier. I have screwed those shots up trying to place my shot with a scope in that much brush. The offset BUIS lets you place the shot right where you want it.

Comment

Originally posted by NugginFutz View Post
                  Great job. I'm still laughing about the cigar smoke caught on video, though.
                  Rebelsoul, I hate to be the one to tell you but ... that ain't what they mean when they talk about "smoked venison."

Comment

• rebelsoul
                    Warrior
                    • Jan 2014

Originally posted by nincomp View Post
                    Rebelsoul, I hate to be the one to tell you but ... that ain't what they mean when they talk about "smoked venison."
                    LMFAO, I told ya'll I had a lot to learn from the HORDE!

Comment

Originally posted by rebelsoul View Post
                      Thanks futz. If I miss my follow up shot, I'll kill 'em with cancer.
                      What you can't tell from the video, I was surrounded by deer. I was trying to choose which ones to go after. The wind was headed east and I could hear deer to the north and south. The deer to the north made a crash sound and started running and snorting. I checked my wind several times because I didn't think they smelled me. After I shot animals ran off in all directions, including what looked like a mountain lion. The seven point had a fresh bite mark on his back leg with three punctures , one to the bone.
                      What a cool story. It would be great if you had trail cams everywhere to paint a big picture of that target-rich, predatory environment.

Comment

• rebelsoul
                        Warrior
                        • Jan 2014

Lurp, this area is 8 year old cut-over with thick brush and briars, on the side of a small, steep mountain in Jackson County, AL. Large boulders and 50 - 100ft. bluffs all around. John described it well in Revelations.

Comment

• jawbone
                          Warrior
                          • Jan 2012

I think it takes a hunter to appreciate a video of thick forest and underbrush, and I loved every second of it. great stuff, RS. and even better shot!

Comment

• NugginFutz
                            Chieftain
                            • Aug 2013

Originally posted by jawbone View Post
                            I think it takes a hunter to appreciate a video of thick forest and underbrush, and I loved every second of it. great stuff, RS. and even better shot!
                            Yep - Nothing wrong with rebelsoul's reflexes or reaction time.
                            If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• rebelsoul
                              Warrior
                              • Jan 2014

I'm going to keep tinkering with my Lid Cam so I can share some better footage. I haven't learned to edit, so I've been turning the camera on when I hear a deer close by and think I can record some action. Sometimes its too late, I'm too close and I can't turn it on without spooking the deer. I can also aim the lens down the barrel if there is time. My hunting method makes it tough to work the gadgets. It's similar to that monkey with the football.
                              Last edited by rebelsoul; 04-15-2014, 02:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X