U.N. Resolution 2117 Fails to pass U.S. Senate vote.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pds
    Warrior
    • Dec 2012

U.N. Resolution 2117 Fails to pass U.S. Senate vote.

• cory
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2012

I don't know I'd call this a glorious moment in history. We were 21 votes away from our government doing away with our 2nd Amendment rights. Wow 46 Senators who would hand over our liberties. I'm in no way surprised; however, this does and always will sicken me.
    "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• pds
      Warrior
      • Dec 2012

This is old news this vote took place march 2013. I should have done more research on this.

pds

Comment

• BjornF16
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2011

I'm shocked that 46 voted that way...I do note that not one Republican voted against the 2A...that, at least, is something.
        LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
        Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!

Comment

• rebelsoul
          Warrior
          • Jan 2014

Originally posted by pds View Post
          This is old news this vote took place march 2013. I should have done more research on this.

pds
          The timing doesn't matter; that it happened does. Repeat it often and more frequently closer to election time.
          "When you have to shoot... Shoot! Don't talk." Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez a.k.a. "The Rat".

Comment

• montana
            Chieftain
            • Jun 2011

Our embarrassing senator is going to China as our new US ambassador. He should feel right at home with the other communists. Hopefully we can get Ryan Zinke as our new senator who is a strong Second Amendment supporter and a former mission commander for Seal Team 6. I'm sick and tired of so called pro gun senators who vote pro gun before elections and turn a 180 after they are elected to please their democratic overlords. We need change bad!

Thanks for the up date pds.

Comment

• Adam Lilja
              Warrior
              • Dec 2013

Originally posted by montana View Post
              Our embarrassing senator is going to China as our new US ambassador. He should feel right at home with the other communists. Hopefully we can get Ryan Zinke as our new senator who is a strong Second Amendment supporter and a former mission commander for Seal Team 6. I'm sick and tired of so called pro gun senators who vote pro gun before elections and turn a 180 after they are elected to please their democratic overlords. We need change bad!

Thanks for the up date pds.

I second that, I met Ryan back in his first go. Hope he makes it through this time.

Comment

• COTNTOP
                Warrior
                • Mar 2011

I know the Repubs has a sore spot with a lot of folks, but if not for them Obama would already have the guns. All i can say is that i am backing them all the way, our only hope.

Comment

• explorecaves

Forget Dems and Repubs..... Vote in the constitutional supporters even if it means voting independent.

Comment

• sneaky one
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2011

Vote to win, no matter what it entails.
                    It's our time now- as far as 2A items are concerned. Tell all to join the NRA. I can Not believe that we don't have 50-70 million NRA members by now.

We are at a lowly count of 5-6 million,== Really???? It's not enough! All you rebels out there need to cough up $ 35.00 as towards a membership, and tell the entire gang that you know, to kick this up a HUGE NOTCH ! We can use a ton of support now!

If you look, post on this forum, and are not at least an NRA member, what the deuce ??????????????
                    Get involved! Time to kick butt on the gov. stances. It's now or never. Think about--- never..... Drop the dimes! crank this to the 40-50 million member bracket.
                    $35.00 == what, otherwise? Junk you got from wally mart-, or 2 cases of beer from the beer store? ???
                    What are your gun rights worth????
                    It's time to set a goal- who on here is in the NRA fold, prove it. Many of you are on other forums. Do you speak of joining the nra there????

Post up yourNRA card. Prove to the gang, the other forum guys , that you actually care.. keep your card no. obscured.
                    It's go time America. This is really coming down the hill, we need to push the hill back to the peak, then over the top.
                    Last edited by sneaky one; 04-16-2014, 03:24 AM.

Comment

• cory
                      Chieftain
                      • Jun 2012

I've been culling over this for some time now and I've finally decided I'm done giving money to the NRA and like.

If they're going to come after the 2nd Amendment, then let them come.

They're hell bent on this and they're going to get to it eventually. Instead of (IMHO) throwing my money away giving it to lobbyist, I'm stocking up.

If they really want to take this route, if they really want a war, then so be it. I only have one request, that we do this sooner than latter, while I'm still young enough to fight. I'm not interested in passing the buck to the next generation.

I hope to God it never comes to this, but the fact is this country is full of 2nd Amendment, freedom loving Patriots that are at their breaking point. It's a giant boiling pot that won't tolerate any more attacks to the Bill of Rights.

Comment

• montana
                        Chieftain
                        • Jun 2011

The best weapon for our Constitutional rights is when big brother over reaches his authority and exposes his true nature, vindicating our concerns. It has always been and always will be a constant battle against tyranny until our creator ends it. I have been fighting this battle since the 1970's and I have learned that this battle takes place on many fronts. In the past I have felt like it was a loosing battle and thought I would just give up on gun rights organizations and withdraw from it all. I have felt like a lone voice in the wilderness preaching to my self like a dam fool. I'm glad I stuck with it because since then I have watched multitudes of people who would have never even considered owning a firearm in the past change their opinions over self defense fears who now compete in three gun and practical shooting matches. It used to be only a guy thing at our matches and now I'm seeing multitudes of women come out of the shadows, purchasing firearms and competing in our matches. Over time they fall in love with the shooting sports and "BINGO" we have new fanatical second amendment supporters. I remember when being able to carry concealed was just a pipe dream and then become a reality across our nation again. When the disciplined and armed Bundy supporters refused to back down yet showed restraint, it gave gun rights credibility to the undecided population. Watching normal men and women stand up to guard dogs and armed goons opened many shut eyes. Don't give up or think this issue will be decided over night because it wont be. Teach young and old about the true nature of shooting sports, self defense and our Constitutional rights and we will never be defeated. Compromise of Freedom is defeat." Molon Labe"

Comment

In my book, if you vote to ally with a foreign power that is hell-bent on removing the foundational documents and legal restrictions on government from harming the people, you are guilty of treason.

Treason has some serious penalties if you look up the US Code that covers it.

Comment

• cory
                            Chieftain
                            • Jun 2012

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                            In my book, if you vote to ally with a foreign power that is hell-bent on removing the foundational documents and legal restrictions on government from harming the people, you are guilty of treason.

Treason has some serious penalties if you look up the US Code that covers it.
                            Completely Agree!

Comment

I worked for a Congressman before, if your calling an office in your state to voice your concern, your wasting your time, it gets logged into the Congressional computer system but is hardly ever looked at when it comes time to compile stats for the congressman. Call the DC office, make sure your call is being logged and ask for the intern to read back the comments they put in the system. I know my area is safe, the Congressman is a good friend of mine and has been out to the range with us a few times, even has a wing at the VA hospital named after him, when I got hurt, he told me that he was rejected for service because he has a medical condition so he served the only way he knew how. I told him I'd be honored to work for him in his office to help with VA claims. His son will be the third generation in the same seat, thats why Florida is so strong on Gun rights, we dont tolerate damn northerners taking away our rights, I seriously think Florida would revolt if they tried.

Only sight prettier than a Florida Sunset over the Swamp, is the sun setting on the back of a New Yorker heading North with a Canadian under each arm
                              -Old Florida Saying

Comment

Working...
                              X