• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NugginFutz
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2013

Hand loads lead to catastrophic KB!

Ok, perhaps a bit misleading, but read this story over on accurateshooter.com.

Yes, I know this is an indirect result, but it underscores one possible outcome of ignoring pressure signs with your loads, even when you just "know" they are safe.

The overarching message, I think, is when it comes to any weapon, NEVER take your eyes off the ball, and heed any and all signs that something is not right.
    If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

I was there at the Manatee Gun and Archery range the day this happened. When you leave a cleaning rod in the barrel bad things are going to happen. It was down about ten or so positions from me and luckily no body was seriously hurt.
    Bob

Comment

• mongoosesnipe
      Chieftain
      • May 2012

I am pretty sure leaving a cleaning rod in the barrel will blow up a gun with a factory load, that being said I have never heard of cases sticking with "mild" loads so there is that..... The need people have to push cartridges for the sake of pushing them fascinates me
      Punctuation is for the weak....

Comment

Working...
      X