Economy Ammunition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RangerRick

Just checked and the money has been taken from my account, so I presume shipping is soon.

RR

Comment

I got an email last week and spoke to the AA lady today. I still haven't seen it yet. Has anyone here received and tried the ammo yet?
      Last edited by Guest; 10-27-2011, 11:54 PM.

Comment

When I talked to a Lady at the beginning of the week they said mine should ship today. And I'm only a business day away from them so hopefully I will let you know tomorrow.

Comment

Before the weekend would be good.

Comment

• RangerRick

Originally posted by RangerRick View Post
            Just checked and the money has been taken from my account, so I presume shipping is soon.

RR
            Received it today, no e-mail from UPS.

RR

Comment

Lee dies for the Grendel? From what I've heard they are useless. You couldn't give them to me for free. It's to bad to cause I use Lee on a number of different calibers.

Comment

received my order a day early. i'll try to get out to the range in a day or so to try them out.

Comment

Still waiting...........

11/27
                  Just got my tracking number. Ammo due early next week just in time for hunting season!!!
                  Last edited by Guest; 10-27-2011, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Got my order yesterday and will shoot a sample tomorrow. Range report to follow.

Comment

• Mine came in before noon today. And it was a 1/2 day @ work. So.. I skipped the range and just went hunting. Today was a nice day maybe 82 degrees no wind not much huminity, for FL. Rifle previsolsly sighted in @ 2.5 inches high @ 100yds using Factory Hornady ammo, zero not changed. 18 inch barrel 2-7 scope. 1st target a 80-90 lb sow 80 yards- head shot entering just behind eye- explosive exit oppisit side of head- bang thump. 2nd target 100 lb boar - entering forquarter penetrating plate, breaking rib and shredding 1 lung and heart vessles passing into abd cavity and not exiting. ( I did not look into gut enough to find bullet) - at least 10 inches of total bullet travel-but not all in a straight line. The bullet knocked him off his feet he got up, ran 20-30 feet circled a little and gave up. 3rd target armidillo @ 230 yards- put the cross hairs on top of back and fired - red cloud. Early conclusions: Cheap reloadable ammo; accurate enough to hunt with; deadly enough; probably just the thing for you coyote hunters are looking for. Less recoil then factory load.

Comment

• BjornF16
                        Chieftain
                        • Jun 2011

Anyone done any chrono testing yet?
                        LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
                        Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!

Comment

• That is an awesome, timely range report sir. Flippin awesome! These are the Berger 115gr Hunting VLD's, correct?

Comment

• Yup. The 115 gr Berger VLD hollow point economy load from AA. Great box by the way. Those shots came out of a 6lb bolt action. Only thing else I can say is the powder apears to fill the case up bucause I cant feel any movment when I shake it. I did my part by testing it on game. Maybe one of you technical guys could disassenble a round and tell me what the Sectional Denesity is, I care more about that than I care about the BC.

Comment

• OK boys and girls. Shot the 115 Berger yesterday(65 Degrees at 2400 ft elev) and the first 3 shot group was <1/2 inch at approx. 2400 fps from my 16" Liberty barrel. (Specifics to follow). The next group was 1 1/2 inch (no called flyers) with an avg of 2460 fps, and the last was 1/2 inch and avg. at 2500 fps. My chrono was dead on and consistant with some factory .308 out of my Savage FP10. Possible gas blow by but the screens on my chrono were 10 ft from the muzzle and I have not had problems before. My 22" CSS grendel is down awaiting a new bolt so no additional chrono results till the new bolt arrives.

Comment

• Originally posted by hm2 clark View Post
                                Yup. The 115 gr Berger VLD hollow point economy load from AA. Great box by the way. Those shots came out of a 6lb bolt action. Only thing else I can say is the powder apears to fill the case up bucause I cant feel any movment when I shake it. I did my part by testing it on game. Maybe one of you technical guys could disassenble a round and tell me what the Sectional Denesity is, I care more about that than I care about the BC.
                                Sectional density is a calculation based on the weight and bullet diameter. You don't need to disassemble a round to get that number. It is about .238 for the 115grain .264" bullet.

Comment

Working...
                                X