• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • just_john
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2012

Sources?

Am about to have some free time as well, but where can I get the blue followers?

Comment

• sneaky one
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

I have found it easier to cut a 25 Grr mag down to 17-20 rd.'s I make the floorplates. 2 cuts, 1 on mag. 1 on spring - drill 4 holes - add 4 screws=done.

Comment

• SG4247
        Warrior
        • Aug 2013

The blue 6.5 followers are donated from old non functional ASC Grendel mags!

ASC may sell the followers individually, don't know for sure.
        NRA F-Class Mid Range High Master

Comment

• KentuckyBuddha
          Warrior
          • Oct 2012

I wonder if those flat springs might make a difference on the ASC mags.

Comment

• Buster
            Warrior
            • Mar 2012

I don't know if the flat springs makes the difference, but I do know I'll be making some more of these units.
            It's nice to be able to sit at the bench, load one magazine and be able to shoot 4, 5-shot groups of different ammo, off of a low profile bipod without breaking your cheek weld.

It won't surprise me if ASC comes out with a "true" 20 round mag for the Grendel in the coming months.....

Thanks again to SG4247 for taking the time and effort to work this mod and share.

Comment

• SG4247
              Warrior
              • Aug 2013

Thanks Buster, you started it all! which provided me the motivation to work on it.

I have to say, I really enjoy shooting a short and full 20 round Grendel mag from Caldwell sand bags with no bench interference.

ASC needs to offer this same mag ready to go out of the package!
              NRA F-Class Mid Range High Master

Comment

Working...
              X