• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • txgunner00
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

LOL.

Balance is nearly perfect for me. This rifle is will on it's way to being my new favorite.
    NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

• txgunner00
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

WOOOHOOOO!!!!!

My can finally was released from jail! YHM Ti 7.62

8.7 LBS as it sits in the picture. 9.7 with 25 rounds in the mag. This is about as perfect as you can get for a walking rifle IMO.

Just need to paint the can and the light now.

Hopefully I find some hogs next weekend.
      Last edited by txgunner00; 07-04-2014, 01:29 PM.

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

Comment

• cory
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2012

Originally posted by txgunner00 View Post
        WOOOHOOOO!!!!!

My can finally was released from jail! YHM Ti 7.62

8.7 LBS as it sits in the picture. 9.7 with 25 rounds in the mag. This is about as perfect as you can get for a walking rifle IMO.

Just need to paint the can and the light now.

Hopefully I find some hogs next weekend.
        That's nasty!
        "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Variable
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Awesome TXGunner!!! It looks great, and you are going to have major fun with it!
          Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
          We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• txgunner00
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

Thanks man. Have you played with those subsonic bullets yet? I shot some of my loads for the 20" in this one the other night and they are right on the edge of working 100%. All the cases ejected but only about 1/2 of the shots picked up the next round. I think I might have some room to bump up the charge since this barrel is shorter. I also have a Micro MOA gas block on it with several plates I can tweak the gas port on.

Comment

• Variable
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

No, I haven't done squat lately. It's been crazy on my end with working overtime. When I am off I don't feel like doing anything, let alone reloading.LOL I've been making myself do some stuff with the family, but it hasn't trickled down far enough to reach the reloading bench yet. When you get your best 12.5" load figured out, post it up and I'll copy you!

Comment

• txgunner00
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2011

Roger that. My reloading and shooting time comes in short bursts. I'm fortunate that my daughters still like helping me at the bench. Good family time.

Comment

• BjornF16
                  Chieftain
                  • Jun 2011

Variable, you hunt with your 10.5", correct? What kind of accuracy do you get at 100 and 200 yards with your 10.5" rig?
                  LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
                  Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!

Comment

• Variable
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by BjornF16 View Post
                    Variable, you hunt with your 10.5", correct? What kind of accuracy do you get at 100 and 200 yards with your 10.5" rig?
                    Yep, I use it when huntng in the thick stuff, and out of my stand. The longest possible shot out of my stand is only about 150 yards, and I almost always shoot them inside of 100 yards. So I never even tried to shoot real groups with it. I keep an Aimpoint on it and thats it. I sighted it in at 100 yards and just called it good. It groups "Aimpoint" good.LOL If I go hunt someplace else where there'll be longer shots, then I just take my 14.5" instead.

My 14.5" Sabre is set up identically (Larue rail, match trigger, AAC Blackout, etc.) and it does 1 MOA easily with Hornady Amax, 1.25-1.5 MOA easily with Wolf MPT, and sub MOA with handloads. I expect my 10.5" would have done similarly if it had better glass on it. There's no reason why it wouldn't have. It's just a shorter barrel from the exact same maker that's been combined with the same parts. If anything, beng shorter would make it stiffer. After the first couple thousand rounds of full auto though? I have no idea? It was never something I cared about, so I never tested it.

I've been asked about the 10.5" barrel's accuracy many times over the years, I guess I need to put something else on it temporarily and bench it one day if I get a chance. If it grouped really well, I'd laugh and post a pic of wolf brass in 5 gallon buckets.LOL

10.5", 14.5", and 19.5", kind of like a bag of golf clubs. A 12.5" gets me thinking though... Maybe a sweet spot for all around use there....?

Comment

• cory
                      Chieftain
                      • Jun 2012

Txgunner, did you ever get this barrel working for you, or are you ready to jump on the Lilja bandwagon? HAHA
                      "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                      X