• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Klem
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2013

LabRadar Chronograph Update

For those interested in the latest release date and price here is their reply (received today);

Thank you for your interest in LabRadar. We are putting the final touches on the system and will hopefully have a few in July with full production in August. The retail price looks like it will be $549. We will start keeping thje website updated as we are getting closer.

• Apparition
    Warrior
    • Jan 2014

How did I not see this info??? I've been impatiently waiting and googled it right back here. I really want one of these, assuming they work like they say they will.

Comment

• explorecaves

This just may be my Christmas present to myself....

Comment

• IceAxe
        Warrior
        • Jan 2014

Oh...this is just what I needed!

Comment

• Klem
          Chieftain
          • Aug 2013

Agree, as long as this thing works as marketed.

I like the idea you can set it up beside you and get a reading for every shot down-range, whether you want one or not. You don't have to carefully line up sky-screens with a target, or shoot through sky-screens without a target for velocity-only. Or go forward of the firing line.

Pricey$$, but compared to all the carefully loaded rounds I have wasted with error readings on the Chrony I'm hoping this will work.

Comment

• NugginFutz
            Chieftain
            • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Klem View Post
            Pricey$$, but compared to all the carefully loaded rounds I have wasted with error readings on the Chrony I'm hoping this will work.
            Not to mention the one or two folks I personally know that have shot more than one of their Chronies. Buy one of the cheaper ones, two or three times, and there you are!
            If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• Klem
              Chieftain
              • Aug 2013

Hey, don't go there...That's me! Shot one through the LCD display a few years back. Couldn't have been more accurate if I tried.

Comment

Yep, alpha chrony got smoked on the first shot when zeroing my AR. Whoever told our esteemed Mr. Stoner to put those sights so high?

Comment

• skyfish
                  Warrior
                  • Mar 2011

I'll be waiting not patiently for reports

Comment

• IceAxe
                    Warrior
                    • Jan 2014

I really like how easy the setup would be with nothing forward of the firing line.

Comment

• NugginFutz
                      Chieftain
                      • Aug 2013

Fall 2014. While we had planned on an earlier release, one of the key personnel became critically ill during the final stages of development and was unable to work for over three months. Fortunately he is recovering and is back to work on a limited basis. We thank you for your patience and support. We will continue to update you when firm delivery date is established.

This remarkable device will be worth the wait.

Best regards,

Richard
                      LabRadar
                      Labradar is the world’s newest technology in obtaining projectile velocities of Rifles, Shotguns, Handguns, Pellet, BB, Bow & Arrows, Crossbows, Paintball.

Info@mylabradar.com
                      If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• waveslayer
                        Warrior
                        • Jan 2013

What will be nice is you can set it up down range and get some good data to get your real BC's and velocities at some distance, rather then having to thread the needle at 400 yards, it gets hairy doing it like that.

Comment

• Variable
                          Chieftain
                          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by waveslayer View Post
                          What will be nice is you can set it up down range and get some good data to get your real BC's and velocities at some distance, rather then having to thread the needle at 400 yards, it gets hairy doing it like that.
                          IIRC, there's a problem with doing that. The radar set is powered by six AA batteries, and to keep from eating them up ridiculously fast, it only turns itself on very briefly when it detects a close muzzle blast. They are working on some kind of bluetooth adapter to allow it to be triggered by bows and crossbows though, so there may be a work-around for remote activation in the near future.
                          Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                          We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• waveslayer
                            Warrior
                            • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Variable View Post
                            IIRC, there's a problem with doing that. The radar set is powered by six AA batteries, and to keep from eating them up ridiculously fast, it only turns itself on very briefly when it detects a close muzzle blast. They are working on some kind of bluetooth adapter to allow it to be triggered by bows and crossbows though, so there may be a work-around for remote activation in the near future.
                            That is good to know. I assumed it was on all the time. I would hope they will consider using Wifi and not the very limited range of Bluetooth. I saw that you will be able to use a USB battery pack for power.

Comment

• BjornF16
                              Chieftain
                              • Jun 2011

Only measures out to "up to 100 yards":

Looks like they are now for sale. (OOPS, jumped the gun. "Buy Now" still gives a message "Available Fall 2014")

Labradar is the world’s newest technology in obtaining projectile velocities of Rifles, Shotguns, Handguns, Pellet, BB, Bow & Arrows, Crossbows, Paintball.

From their FAQs:
                              What range performance can one expect with LabRadar?
                              In general LabRadar will typically measure the velocity of a 7.62 mm projectile from muzzle up to 100 yards. After extensive testing of a variety of calibers you can expect to obtain velocities at these distances *. .177 Pellet - 30 yards; .177 BB - 30 yards; 22 LR - 60 yards; 223 - 60 yards; 270 - 70 yards; 308 - 80 to 100 yards; 9mm - 130 yards; 40 S&W - 130 yards; 45 ACP - 130 yards; 500 S&W - 130 yards; 12 gauge Slug - 90 yards; Paint Ball - 50 yards; Arrows - 50 yards; * Since every bullet has a different profile your results may vary. In general, the larger the base (excluding the boat tail) the great the distance the projectile can be acquired.
                              Can the LabRadar be used with bow and crossbow?
                              Yes, it can measure velocity on a wide range of different projectiles. An adapter will be needed on the bow to communicate with LabRadar. This adapter will communicate with the radar unit via the built in bluetooth. The adapter will trigger the radar in the same way as the muzzle blast triggers it. This adapter is in final development and should be available this Fall.
                              Last edited by BjornF16; 12-20-2014, 06:50 PM.
                              LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
                              Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!

Comment

Working...
                              X