X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sniper338
    Warrior
    • Dec 2014

Thatd be sweet to have. Outta my budget right now though!

Comment

• Nukes
      Banned
      • Sep 2014

I have noticed that, for not much less cost than the LabRadar price, our Oehler "only measures out to up to 10 feet" and our buddy's MagnetoSpeed "only measures out to up to 8 inches."

Comment

• BjornF16
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Nukes View Post
        I have noticed that, for not much less cost than the LabRadar price, our Oehler "only measures out to up to 10 feet" and our buddy's MagnetoSpeed "only measures out to up to 8 inches."

LabRadar has previously posted returns at 200 yards in their advertising; and there was speculation/hope it would be further than 60-70 yards for a 6.5mm projectile. Still a neat tool regardless...I have noticed that people don't change much...
        Last edited by BjornF16; 12-21-2014, 03:38 PM.
        LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
        Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!

Comment

• Nukes
          Banned
          • Sep 2014

Indeed advertisers often cherry pick and sculpt their "data" to fool the masses. As for me, having blasted a couple of screens from trying to squeeze too many OCW targets through the Oehler's tunnel, I would be satisfied with the rapid, non-intrusive setup of the LabRadar and not having sensors, screens, and replacement costs at risk.

Perhaps my profession allows me to interact more personally with a wider range of people, some of them for decades. I have noticed that many people change, most of them, but not all of them, for the better. I have seen the grace of God work many miracles on hard hearts and lost souls. Christmastide is perfect for seeing goodness and awakening.

Though much, not all, of what he taught was rubbish, I rather like this from Arthur Schopenhauer:
          "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
          Last edited by Nukes; 12-21-2014, 03:59 PM.

Comment

• BjornF16
            Chieftain
            • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Nukes View Post
            Indeed advertisers often cherry pick and sculpt their "data" to fool the masses. As for me, having blasted a couple of screens from trying to squeeze too many OCW targets through the Oehler's tunnel, I would be satisfied with the rapid, non-intrusive setup of the LabRadar and not having sensors, screens, and replacement costs at risk.
            Don't misconstrue my "update" as an indication I don't like the product...on the contrary, I plan on getting one. However, I am disappointed in the range for a 6.5mm projectile (but I recognize it is better than "up to 10 feet" or "up to 8 inches").
            LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
            Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!

Comment

• tango29
              Bloodstained
              • Sep 2014

Email reply from mylabradar on question of when product would be available
              From Richard Mouser Exclusive Distributor for LabRadar

The production was supposed to begin on Dec. 18, but was delayed by the factory for a short period of time. I would expect they become available in the next 30 days due to the Shot Show and ATA being in the month of January.

Comment

• waveslayer
                Warrior
                • Jan 2013

I guess we will find out at SHOT... I will go take a look and ask them, if I don't get beat by others arriving at their booth before me.

Comment

• NugginFutz
                  Chieftain
                  • Aug 2013

Well, there's a real "hands-on" review of the LabRadar over at Snipers Hide, which also serves as a comparison review against the V3 Magnetospeed. For anyone still on the fence, this is a must-read.

It appears that it may be caliber sensitive at the lower power output levels at which it is currently operating. This means bigger bullets will read further away, but still a nice piece of kit.
                  If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• bwaites
                    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by NugginFutz View Post
                    Well, there's a real "hands-on" review of the LabRadar over at Snipers Hide, which also serves as a comparison review against the V3 Magnetospeed. For anyone still on the fence, this is a must-read.

It appears that it may be caliber sensitive at the lower power output levels at which it is currently operating. This means bigger bullets will read further away, but still a nice piece of kit.
                    They seriously neutered this by reducing the power. There is no advantage to it over a traditonal chrono, apart from how you can set it up, but it is limited at a public range because of the same advantage. V3 Magnetospeed looks better and better.

Comment

• Savage Shooter
                      Warrior
                      • Dec 2014

Don't forget, though - the Magnetospeed WILL CHANGE your point of impact compared to where the POI is without the bayonet on. I have seen shifts of as much as 4 inches - and it could be in any direction, depending on all the normal factors that affect POI even without having an artificial weight hanging off the end. In an OCW / ladder test, if the next group up is low and left compared to the previous powder weight, and you add the bayo from the V3, you might see the group shift to high and right. Because of this, I find myself using my old ProChronograph more than my Magnetospeed when doing OCW load development.
                      Last edited by Savage Shooter; 04-11-2015, 12:18 PM.
                      My "6.5" = 24" AA Overwatch upper 1/9 twist, NC based US Tactical lower, standard A4 6 position stock, AR Gold Trigger, JPS SCS buffer, Vortex 6-24 x 50 FFP PST with EBR-2C MOA reticle

Comment

• bwaites
                        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Savage Shooter View Post
                        Don't forget, though - the Magnetospeed WILL CHANGE your point of impact compared to where the POI is without the bayonet on. I have seen shifts of as much as 4 inches - and it could be in any direction, depending on all the normal factors that affect POI even without having an artificial weight hanging off the end. In an OCW / ladder test, if the next group up is low and left compared to the previous powder weight, and you add the bayo from the V3, you might see the group shift to high and right. Because of this, I find myself using my old ProChronograph more than my Magnetospeed when OCW doing load development.

Why do groups matter when you are chronoing?

Comment

• NugginFutz
                          Chieftain
                          • Aug 2013

Originally posted by bwaites View Post
                          Well, I try to do my OCW testing over a chrony so I can both watch velocities and grouping in one go. If velocities go wonky, I know to back off. After I've shot the OCW, I can shoot the favored load(s) for a more meaningful sample to get a solid MV, but I still like to load develop over the chrony to save time and ammo.
                          If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• cory
                            Chieftain
                            • Jun 2012

Originally posted by bwaites View Post
                            It's more economical to do both at the same time, if you don't have the tools to first do a ladder test.
                            "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• bwaites
                              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by cory View Post
                              It's more economical to do both at the same time, if you don't have the tools to first do a ladder test.
                              Seems like a good way to shoot the chrony, since you aren't sure of the accuracy of the loads!

Comment

• Klem
                                Chieftain
                                • Aug 2013

You can do both but it takes time faffing around making sure the target is exactly in line with your shooting position and the skyscreen tunnel.

That is the main benefit of the radar for me. The time saved in setup and no chance of chrono damage.

Comment

Working...
                                X