• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 85_Ranger4x4
    Warrior
    • Nov 2016

Originally posted by pinzgauer View Post
    I had similar results with a J&T 20" Bull SS. I think they sourced them from Wilson. It loved (loves, a friend has it now) factory Hornady and would easily yield 1/2 moa 100-200 yard groups even with cheap glass and service stock trigger. It did almost as well with my 120 SMK & 123 Amax reloads.
    The descriptions on their website for all the barrels I have looked at say Doublestar.

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

J&T Distributing is a sister company for Double Star. Kind of like Douglas barrels and Criterion, J&T intially sold AR-15 builder kits and parts whereas Double Star sold complete rifles. I bought a J&T 6.5 Grendel barrel in 2009 and it is stamped J&T but I heard some were stamped Double Star. I read J&T/DS have used Shaw (chrome moly) and Wilson Arms (Stainless Steel) for their barrel blanks. I'm not sure J&T/DS ever disclosed the source of their barrels and the source may have been speculation. Regardless the J&T/DS barrels I've been around are good shooters.
      Last edited by VASCAR2; 05-10-2017, 03:56 PM.

Comment

• Chrazy-Chris
        Warrior
        • Aug 2015

Originally posted by VASCAR2 View Post
        J&T Distributing is a sister company for Double Star. Kind of like Douglas barrels and Criterion, J&T intially sold AR-15 builder kits and parts whereas Double Star sold complete rifles. I bought a J&T 6.5 Grendel barrel in 2009 and it is stamped J&T but I heard some were stamped Double Star. I read J&T/DS have used Shaw (chrome moly) and Wilson Arms (Stainless Steel) for their barrel blanks. I'm not sure J&T/DS ever disclosed the source of their barrels and the source may have been speculation. Regardless the J&T/DS barrels I've been around are good shooters.
        This kind of info is always interesting to me. I bought a Wilson Arms Grendel barrel from JSE Surplus after doing a little research on them. They supply Rock River Arms and I've always known RRA to be good shooters with long barrel life so that gave me the confidence to buy mine. Still doing load development but I'm happy so far, other than JSE going from Type II to Type I and causing me a lot of confusion and wasted time. But that's neither here nor there.

Comment

• matkal
          Bloodstained
          • May 2014

Just got a 16" ultra light barrel from Odin and I'll be swapping barrels.
          I'll be selling the 20" as soon as I can clean it up and take some pics.

Comment

• matkal
            Bloodstained
            • May 2014

grendelGroups.jpg

#1 was first 5 shots. Cleaned barrel and shot #'s 2 &3 at 50 yds then moved out to 100 yds for #4

Factory Hornady SST's

I'm satisfied with the accuracy of this barrel, 1.25" at 100yds.

Comment

• Retro
              Warrior
              • Jul 2016

I have used stick on velcro on all of my brass deflectors. Velcro keeps me from denting the case necks and the rounds don't deflect nearly as far as they used to. Use the loop end of the the velcro as it gives more cushion than the hook end.
              Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
              Congrats on an economy build. The dents are from the case hitting the rear of the ejection port, or the brass deflector. Nothing to worry about...normal.

I know what you mean by those old scopes. I looked through a friend's old model Tasco Super Sniper once, and it was like looking through transparent yellow scope caps.

Comment

Working...
              X