• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Y85
    Warrior
    • Sep 2012

600 yard group

Now, it is well known that I am no marksman.

Actually, my friends know this and do not mention it, out of kindness I suppose.

I assume those who are not my friends know it as well but, since I am no marksman, they have nothing to fear, and so do not belabor the point.

Occasionally, however, even the porcine myope stumbles into the trough.

Attached are pics of a 3 shot group at 600 yds from yesterday.

factory Hornady 123g SST, Vortex 4-16x50 scope (MOA reticle), Larue SPR-S mount.

Seated with bipod.

Rifle is AA upper (18" fluted bbl) with MK10 free float handguard, BWA X-comp, and AA bolt. JPE lower with JP trigger (3 lbs), Magpul STR stock, JP SCS-15 spring. I posted a picture of this gun last fall after a successful deer hunt.

MO rifle season started this weekend -- hot, rainy, and yesterday 40 mph winds. All that notwithstanding, this fellow decided to go looking for friendship about 15:15 Sunday afternoon. First deer with the 6.5G. About 100 yds. Broke both shoulders and took out both lungs. Staggered about 40 yds and fell. Hornady 123SST factory

Note the three gray splats in the center of the second picture (widest dimension about 2.75”). IMG_0806.jpgIMG_0807.jpg

I thought it was worth sharing – not because my enemies must now fear my marksmanship but rather, because I am sure it will never happen again.

My father used to say that the poor workman blamed his tools. Well, experience will attest that this group was the tool, not the workman.

(sorry -- I don't know how to make the pics bigger)
    Last edited by bwaites; 05-26-2014, 04:22 PM. Reason: There you Go!
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

Well done!

Comment

• Joseph5
      Warrior
      • Oct 2012

That is some good shooting and something I hope to be able to match when I get my Grendel assembled and loads worked up.

Comment

• usmc1371
        Warrior
        • Aug 2011

Wow,nice shooting.

Comment

• NugginFutz
          Chieftain
          • Aug 2013

You are entirely too modest, y85. That is well under 1/2 MOA and quite respectable. Nice job and keep sharing.
          If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• Butterbean
            Warrior
            • Oct 2012

I'd take that ANY day Well done.
            Lifetime: NRA, GOA, 2AF

Comment

Working...
            X