• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • se3388
    Warrior
    • Sep 2011

Which magazine?

Which magazine are you guys using? I have a 10 round 7.62 x 39 mag that is working out pretty well. Funny thing is, it didn't work too good in my 7.62 x 39 AR rifle.

Steve............
  • heinz57grendel

I use c products defense Mag's. I have two asc Mag's that I bought on ebay that are originally five rounders but the seller cut the followers down to fit ten rounds in. Now they feed like crap. I only use the c products mags now.

Comment

Forget all the standard AR mags, the rounds are pointing to the left and right, I will post a pic in the next days. C Products mags are excellent quality and working fine. Alexander Arms magazines are working good, too but the surface finish could be improved.

Comment

• pinzgauer
        Warrior
        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by se3388 View Post
        Which magazine are you guys using? I have a 10 round 7.62 x 39 mag that is working out pretty well. Funny thing is, it didn't work too good in my 7.62 x 39 AR rifle.
        C-products 25/30 and 15/20 rounders over several years of timeframe. Never had a problem with any of them.

I also use pmags loaded to 5 rounds at times just for fun. Get's tight at 10 rounds, and unreliable at 15 rounds. But just to keep wear & tear off of grendel mags they work fine loaded at 5 rounds.

Comment

• poli
          Bloodstained
          • Feb 2014

I have the AR-Stoner (http://www.midwayusa.com/product/357...ProductFinding) and they've been working flawlessly. I'm able to load to 2.295" OAL.

Comment

• NugginFutz
            Chieftain
            • Aug 2013

Originally posted by poli View Post
            I have the AR-Stoner (http://www.midwayusa.com/product/357...ProductFinding) and they've been working flawlessly. I'm able to load to 2.295" OAL.
            Same here. Stoner and ASC mags. The stoners are 10 round, and the ASC are 15 round straight, but I can only stuff 14 in those.
            If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• RakkasanDad
              Bloodstained
              • Jan 2014

I have 3 ASC mag's and they work great! 2 - 15 rounder's and a 5 rounder. I have had no function problems at all with them. The only complaint is that the coating is not very durable. Which doesn't mater to me because I cerakote them after I get them.
              NRA Life Member and Proud Army Dad!!

Comment

• cst
                Warrior
                • Jan 2014

all I use are ASC mags so far! so far no issues. Check out 44mag.com...they got 15 rounders back in stock

Comment

• se3388
                  Warrior
                  • Sep 2011

Thanks cst for the link. I just ordered two magazines to try.

Steve...........

Comment

• se3388
                    Warrior
                    • Sep 2011

What was that link for?

Steve........

Comment

• Dave Bob
                      Bloodstained
                      • Dec 2013

Custom google search for this forum. Its great when looking for often discussed subjects and for some not so often discussed.

Dave

Comment

• se3388
                        Warrior
                        • Sep 2011

Thanks Dave but I already used that. I looked at most of the posts about magazines and just wanted to see what the opinions were for mags now (any new one came out etc.) with everyone's help/advice I settled on buying some ASC mags to try.

Steve..........

Comment

• se3388
                          Warrior
                          • Sep 2011

RakkasanDad, I see what you mean about the finish.

I picked up a couple of the ASC 15 rounders for the range (bench work) and a 5 round for hunting and they function great.

Steve..........

Comment

Originally posted by NugginFutz View Post
                            Same here. Stoner and ASC mags. The stoners are 10 round, and the ASC are 15 round straight, but I can only stuff 14 in those.
                            I've had the exact same experience with my six "17rd" (14 rd) ASC mags. They function flawlessly.

Comment

Working...
                            X