X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • olde sarge
    Warrior
    • May 2014

Lilja AR740 is 2lb 7oz according to drawing. What is the weight of a PF Bartlein AR720? How much weight will fluting remove from the AR720 barrel?

Comment

• olde sarge
      Warrior
      • May 2014

Finally found mention on another thread that the AR720 weighs 2lb and 10oz. Hope that is correct. Am really tending twards the Diamondhead VRS-T forearm but see that it has aligning tabs and don't know if I would have to grind them off to use with a billet receiver. If that was the case how much accuracy would I lose with a forged upper? John

Comment

• olde sarge
        Warrior
        • May 2014

Well, to all that gave me encouragement and technical advise I pulled the trigger and ordered a PF Bartlein AR720 (the phalanx treated barrel extension made the difference for me), Phalanx PF bolt carrier assembley, PF lower parts kit minus trigger, rifle length gas tube, PF low profile gas block, build box and Vol I and II of Grendel load books. Still mulling the upper and lower and have to decide between PF and AERO Precision M4E1 Enhansed Keymod. Kind of tending twards the Aero upper but not finding much about builds and barrel fit to receiver info. Want tight. Will hold off on the stock until I get the other parts assembled so I can determine how much weight I need to balance the rifle to my liking. Would like any info on AERO upper/ barrel fit from those that might have used one. Heart felt thanks to all, John
        Last edited by olde sarge; 07-09-2014, 07:17 PM.

Comment

• olde sarge
          Warrior
          • May 2014

UPDATE: Decided on Precision Firearms upper/lower and SLR solo lite forearm. Am trying to be patient and sit still while waiting. I'm to damned impatient when I get something going that I really want. Mark told me would be done by 15 Sept. Pretty much a Precision Firearms rifle except I am going to assemble myself. Still haven't ordered the trigger but have pretty much solidified my choice as a Hyperfire , either the 24 or 24E, depending on what I can find out about their application for use on a precision hunting build. I think I will use IMR8208XBR if I can find an 8# jug in the next month but do have several of the other appropriate powders on the shelf. Well back to reading and lurking for a while longer. John

Comment

• Slappy
            Warrior
            • Feb 2014

You will not be unhappy about your choice. I have 2 now from PF and they are very nice rifles. Pf builds some nice stuff and the advantage I see there is if there is ever anything that goes wrong just call him up and he can fix it. Good guy/s and girls at PF. BANG BANG!!

Comment

Working...
            X