Arizona Archery Elk Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arizona Archery Elk Video

No, this isn't a video about an elk taken with a 6.5 Grendel, I wish it were, but I haven't drawn a rifle elk tag since 1980. It is my attempt at putting together a hunting story, this one about my son's first archery elk. The trials and tribulations of taking one on video are real, and you can see the disappointment when I messed up. But I tried to tell the story anyway.
    Moderators please feel free to delete this if it is inappropriate because it isn't a 6.5 Grendel elk.
    Bob
    2013 Archery Elk Hunt. Bobby takes his first bull with a bow. His dad, hit the record button twice turning record off for the shot, so they had to tell the story…
  • ejkoechling
    Bloodstained
    • Jan 2014

Congrats to your son. You must be proud. I could tell he was. Good hunting!!

Comment

• Kikn
      Warrior
      • Nov 2011

Congrats. I hope to get out one day for a chance to get an elk with a bow.

It looks like bobby was shooting rage broadheads. It looks like it performed well. How long did it take to track?

Comment

It took us probably 15 minutes to find him. He ran about 150 yards on a steep downhill grade, crossed a wash and started to go up the other side when he crashed and rolled back down to where you see Bobby walk up to him. I had spotted him with my binoculars when only about 50 yards along on the trail. That's when you see Bobby in the Video say "oh there", I was telling him I see some pretty good sign across the wash
        The rage we were using was the Hyperdermic and it performed flawlessly. We later found the arrow about 30 yards the other side of the place the bull was standing when he shot him. He has also killed two cows and two javelina with them. I've taken several whitetail, and a couple of bears and a couple of hogs with them too. All have been complete pass throughs with good blood trails.
        Bob

Comment

Bob, that's an excellent production and a wonderful story, even without the video of the hit. Camera work is very nice, and your son seems to be a very noble soul. You're a blessed man indeed.

Comment

• lrgrendel
            Warrior
            • Jul 2013

Nice video

Comment

• rebelsoul
              Warrior
              • Jan 2014

Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed the video. If I ever get to go elk hunting, I hope to see a porcupine and horned toad; we don't have them in North Alabama.
              "When you have to shoot... Shoot! Don't talk." Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez a.k.a. "The Rat".

Comment

• jawbone
                Warrior
                • Jan 2012

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                Bob, that's an excellent production and a wonderful story, even without the video of the hit. Camera work is very nice, and your son seems to be a very noble soul. You're a blessed man indeed.
                that perfectly sums it up for me.
                it's also heartening to me to see that I'm not the only one who hangs sticks and branches off game camera straps.
                as far as appropriate for this forum, IMHO, a video like that should be comfortable absolutely anywhere.

Comment

• sneaky one
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2011

Nice hunt guys- family hunts are the best!

Comment

Working...
                  X