X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rasp65
    Warrior
    • Mar 2011

Here is what I know about the device, for what it costs it is more valuable to the shooter than shooting the equivalent amount ($$ wise) of ammo.

Comment

• dmsims21
      Warrior
      • Nov 2012

Thanks for the kind words.
      I am glad they worked out.
      www.FriendsvillePrecision.com - AR15 Dry Fire Device

Comment

• dmsims21
        Warrior
        • Nov 2012

This thread gets more views than the other thread I posted this on, so I thought it would be good to mention my Automatic Dry Fire Device here.

I have a new and exciting development.
        I now have a provisional patent and a working prototype of an Automatic Dry Fire Device. It is no where near ready for sale. It isn't robust and forgiving enough. It would also cost too much with custom machined parts.
        However, with some more development, I think it could retail for under $300.

Here is where I need help from the Horde.
        Does anyone have any connections with a company that has the resources and experience to bring this product to market?
        I don't have the money and time to perfect it.
        I have sent an email to a few companies, but have not had any response. It is hard to get past the spam filter.

Send me a PM or email with any contacts.

It works on the same principle as the original. It just has a motor and gear train to work the lever. It turns itself on and off. Just pull the trigger and it does the rest. It is fast enough to get two or three shots off in a second.

You can view video here:

Let me know what you think.

Thanks, David Sims
        dmsims21@gmail.com

Comment

• dmsims21
          Warrior
          • Nov 2012

Steve at letstalksurvival.com just wrote a really nice review of the dry fire device.
          The other day I ran across a very unique device from Friendsville Precision that was developed specifically to simplify AR dry-fire training. The Dry Fire Device is simply a mechanism to cock the hammer without having to lose focus or break form. Any device that can mitigate the pain of cocking the hammer without having to reach for the charging handle should be welcomed with open arms, and likely will... How can I not be excited?

Comment

• ejkoechling
            Bloodstained
            • Jan 2014

Very cool. Glad this is working out. Use mine almost once a week

Comment

• LRRPF52
              Super Moderator
              • Sep 2014

Nice review. People responded really well at my last course to this as well.
              NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• dmsims21
                Warrior
                • Nov 2012

Friendsville Precision Dry Fire Devices are on sale until New Years.
                $5 dollars off and still free shipping. Just use discount code CHRISTMAS when ordering.
                To your mailbox for $40.

Merry Christmas

Comment

Working...
                X