X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cory
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2012

Lilja's Response to the 6.5 Grendel barrels with non-standard neck and throat

Dan has gone above and beyond to make this right IMHO.

Bwaites would you please make this a sticky.
    "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin
  • Dos Perros
    Unwashed
    • Mar 2014

Any idea on the "time frame" that they used the out-of-spec reamers? What kind of fired case neck diameters would indicate the smaller dimension?

Comment

• Grendanimal
      Bloodstained
      • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Dos Perros View Post
      Any idea on the "time frame" that they used the out-of-spec reamers? What kind of fired case neck diameters would indicate the smaller dimension?
      I suggest calling Lilja. I have always had good luck reaching someone (even Dan) on the phone, which, in my opinion, is an increasing rarity in the firearms industry.

Comment

• Adam Lilja
        Warrior
        • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Dos Perros View Post
        My offhand guess is Mid January - March 1st with a few stragglers in March. Check your e-mail invoice #'s and we should be able to cross reference.

Comment

• KentuckyBuddha
          Warrior
          • Oct 2012

Will you accept them as a return if they have been cerekoted?

Comment

• Adam Lilja
            Warrior
            • Dec 2013

Originally posted by KentuckyBuddha View Post
            Will you accept them as a return if they have been cerekoted?
            Yes, but we will not cover the cost of the cerekote.

Comment

• KentuckyBuddha
              Warrior
              • Oct 2012

Gotcha. Thanks.

Comment

I just want to say that Dan Lilja has been true to his word and a stand up gentleman throughout this process. At no time did he blame anyone else, or entertain ideas of whose fault this was. Instead, he offered to do exactly as indicated on his site.

I want everyone to know that there are significant costs on his end associated with this, and he is known for being a high end barrel maker who is renowned among bench rest shooters around the world.

I also know that a lot of you who were in on the Group Buy are getting your first Grendel barrel ever, while others like myself have been into this cartridge for years, and already know its performance. I want to reiterate that these are the finest AR15 barrels I have seen, with the finest extensions affixed to them. I don't fully understand why we ended up with the reamer we did, but it is very admirable that Dan has taken ownership of this at his expense.

I am working to see what can be done with the existing barrels in terms of short-chambering them, and have sent off my 18.5" to have that done. It's a royal pain of a task to accomplish, so we'll see how it pans out. The point is that if you are not satisfied with your existing fired barrel, it's probably salvageable.

I would like to help out by doing the Cerakote again for those who had it done as part of the Group Buy that are getting returns, but I'm afraid it will be at least 2.5 months before I can get to them due to my obligations with the Boy Scouts of America this summer.

I want to publicly thank Dan Lilja and his team again for being stand-up people during this process.

Comment

• KentuckyBuddha
                  Warrior
                  • Oct 2012

That is a generous offer LRRPF52. Thanks.

Comment

• Adam Lilja
                    Warrior
                    • Dec 2013

Originally posted by KentuckyBuddha View Post
                    Gotcha. Thanks.
                    Your inbox is full so I can't reply to your PM

Comment

• KentuckyBuddha
                      Warrior
                      • Oct 2012

Sorry about that...

Comment

• jluck
                        Warrior
                        • Mar 2013

This is exactly what I hoped for from Lilja.... Fixing a simple tooling problem by doing the right thing This was not some underhanded-intentional-change up-colluded-aborted chamber deal just a tooling issue. Thank you, I know where my next rifle barrel(s) will come from.

Comment

• Walter
                          Warrior
                          • Jan 2013

Lilja took care of this in the very best way. My replacement barrel are on the way. I wish all companys had the integrity to do the right thing. Thanks Dan an the crew at Lilja. A great American company, with the customer at heart. Lilja is a stand up company.

Comment

Adam,

I ordered by phone and emailed Dan just a few minutes ago. I can not find my invoice but I know when you processed my card. What do I need to do to get a spec barrel? I got mine ordered in March

Comment

• Crippleshot1
                              Bloodstained
                              • Jan 2014

I just ordered my first 319 Grendel 8T the day before yesterday. This company is one of the best in the industry and will get my respect and business. Stand up kind of FAMILY.

Comment

Working...
                              X