Has anyone tried to fit a JP adjustable gas block under the new BCM Keymod handgaurd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Crippleshot1
    Bloodstained
    • Jan 2014

Has anyone tried to fit a JP adjustable gas block under the new BCM Keymod handgaurd

Has anyone tried to fit a jp adjustable gas block under the new BCM Keymod 13" handgaurd? It looks very close to fitting. If anyone could give me some measurements, I would be thankful. The most important one would be the bottom of the block to the bottom of the barrel. I saw elsewhere in the forum the measurement from the top of the block to the top of the barrel was .408" that looks acceptable. I need to see if the bottom and the width where the adjustment screw is. Thanks.
  • TheDroz66
    Bloodstained
    • Sep 2013

The JP adjustable gas block will not fit under the BCM Keymod handguard. That handguard has an internal diameter of 1.3", and the gas block has a height of 1.4". Sorry!

Comment

• Crippleshot1
      Bloodstained
      • Jan 2014

It is 1.3" in inside diameter. Mine has an actual diameter of 1.350", but there is also the tunnel on the top for the gas tube that adds another .375" in height for a total of 1.725". I was trying to find out the bottom thickness of the gas block. I have .262" between the bottom of the .750" barrel and the BCM Handgaurd. Doing the math from the JP web site and the .408" measurement from this forum the bottom measurement should be .250". That make for a close fit. Just trying to see if someone has put the two together yet.

Comment

• burkew23
        Warrior
        • May 2013

Are you set on JP? Several forums members here have had great experiences with the SLR adjustable gas block and it's low profile should fit under the KMR. They have good dimensions on their site that should help too.

Comment

• Crippleshot1
          Bloodstained
          • Jan 2014

I guess i am set on the JP. I have a PRI on now but I doesn't regulate that we'll. so I'm going to try the JP. I ordered it today. I'll post on whether it fits or not when I get it.

Comment

• Crippleshot1
            Bloodstained
            • Jan 2014

I'm sorry I didn't say earlier the reason I'm looking at the JP is because this block has the clamp style mount instead of the standard Allen set screws. The theory being that the clamp spreads the holding pressure around the barrel and not just pushing inward in one area causing stress on that one location. Just try different stuff.

Comment

• montana
              Chieftain
              • Jun 2011

SLR gas blocks come with a clamp on version as well as the set screw.

Comment

• Crippleshot1
                Bloodstained
                • Jan 2014

I like that SLR gas block. I wish I had seen it before I ordered the JP. Oh well, if the JP doesn't fit then I know where I will go next. I never have looked into SLR before, I will now. Thanks for the lead. It looks like quality stuff.

Comment

• Crippleshot1
                  Bloodstained
                  • Jan 2014

The JP gas block fits under the BCM Keymod handgaurd with plenty of room to spare all the way around even where the gas tube tunnel comes together. Also at the bottom there is clearance.

Comment

Working...
                  X