• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Klem
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2013

SLR Sentry 7 Adjustable Gas Block

Has anyone had any experience/advice with this adjustable block, or any view about adjustable blocks in general?

The Sentry 7 looks like a more recent Gen 2 version of their orignal DA-7.
  • PA_Allen
    Warrior
    • Mar 2011

Klem,
    I recently put one on my 16" upper. Here is my post with some info

I recently replaced my existing gas block with a new SLR Sentry 7 clamp on gas block on my 16" MLG AR-Stoner (Liberty) barrel. http://slrrifleworks.com/index.php?route=product/product&manufacturer_id=13&product_id=87 The existing gas port size in the barrel was around 0.088 - 0.090". The SLR sentry block

Best,
    PA

Comment

• Hank Rearden
      Warrior
      • Jan 2013

I just put one on my Lilja. Easy install, adjustments are very simple, 5 clicks from closed allows me to run factory A-max's or SST's. The blue finish in the picture is the titanium. It isn't blue to the naked eye, it only appears that way in the photo.
      I'm Happy with it.

Comment

• cory
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2012

I used the DA-7 on last couple of builds. If they hadn't just come out with that Sentry 7 I'd say I'd never use another gas block. The next gas block I buy will be the Sentry.
        "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• cst
          Warrior
          • Jan 2014

I got 2 of em...both clamping..works great!

Comment

• explorecaves

5 clicks on my 16.88" Lilja barrel. Standard Rifle buffer. 4 clicks will short cycle about half a mag's worth. 5 is just about right. 6 clicks gives severe case head swipes.
            Last edited by Guest; 06-26-2014, 12:15 AM.

Comment

• cst
              Warrior
              • Jan 2014

I have used standard and heavy buffer on 2 separate rifles...it doesn't make too much of a difference...your gonna tune for that setup anyway when u adjust the block. You'll be fine with a standard buffer...or even an he if u choose..u may use a click less on the block

Comment

Working...
              X