• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Double Naught Spy
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2013

120 lbs., 120 Yards, Headshot Boar

I got an opportunity to try out Pulsar's HD38s thermal monocular instead of the FLIR PS32 I usually use. The HD38s works great and I spotted the boar before it emerged from the woods, but could not ID it until it was in the open. All I knew is that the largest animal I had seen all evening was moving around inside the far treeline.

He came out...right behind the feeder. I tried grunting at him to get him to move closer, or to at least respond in some way - nothing. Eventually he meandered out into a good position and I dropped him.

The Grendel 6.5 entered a couple of inches below the ear as the hog was quartered toward me. Somewhere inside the bullet came part and at least to parts exited the opposite side along the head and neck.

The wind was just about dead calm, so the smoke from the rifle blast created a white-out with the IR illuminator. By the time the smoke cleared, he was gone from view because of the high grasses, so the action ends with the blast. However, I could still make out part of him with the thermal and used the thermal to find him.

He was only 120 lbs. and not very mature, but he was a stinker and so made the 100 yard journey to the boneyard for natural recycling and reclamation.

Kill a hog. Save the planet.
    My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
  • 81police
    Warrior
    • Feb 2013

another satisfying shanking from the master of pig. Well done Double Naught Spy. Makes me want to head west again, soon!
    John 11:25-26

Comment

• Slappy
      Warrior
      • Feb 2014

Another fine episode. BANG BANG!!

Comment

• Klem
        Chieftain
        • Aug 2013

"This little piggy went to market,
        This little piggy stayed home,
        This little piggy had roast beef,
        This little piggy had none,
        And this little piggy... never made it home. Ooops."

Well done!

Comment

• rebelsoul
          Warrior
          • Jan 2014

Thanks for sharing. Still bikini season for me, so I have no stories or pictures to share; unless ya'll want to see what I look like in a SPEEDO.
          "When you have to shoot... Shoot! Don't talk." Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez a.k.a. "The Rat".

Comment

• Drift
            Warrior
            • Nov 2014

[IMG][/IMG]
            -------------------------------------------
            Just a picture showing what a 129gr Spire Point and the Grendel can do to a smalish pig.

Comment

• rabiddawg
              Chieftain
              • Feb 2013

Very cool. Always enjoy your videos!
              Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• usmc1371
                Warrior
                • Aug 2011

I enjoy those great videos.

Comment

• Sniper338
                  Warrior
                  • Dec 2014

Im a hunting freak here in texas and have never seen hogs called in so I stopped the video once that started and had to UTUBE calling hogs.. LMAO! Maybe its the hog population around here that makes to where no one calls em, or maybe I am missing something...

Well after watching a few videos, then watching a few hog calling contest and laughing my ass off I remembered I do have some hog calls on my fox pro... Never tried it though lol.
                  Last edited by Sniper338; 01-20-2015, 04:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X