Midway is killing me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midway is killing me

Has anyone had trouble with Midway USA? I ordered the wrong bullets about a life time ago and just realized they were the wrong ones. Upon trying to cancel the order I've never come across such a string of red tape in my life. They're system wouldn't cancel the order. I followed all the directions provided by the FAQ section several times and nothing. Then I tried to contact someone through the 'Live Chat" service. Don't know what they're version of live chat is but I couldn't get anyone on the other end. Frustrated, I'm about completely forget about Midway and start looking else where.
  • Drifter
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

I've cancelled backorders previously on the website without issue, but it was a while back and things might be different now.

You might consider calling or emailing.
    Drifter

Comment

• bwaites
      • Mar 2011

Midway is about 90% through a complete revamp of their shipping system. It might be that you are caught in one of the inevitable glitches.

Call their regular number and talk to a real, live, person!

Comment

• NugginFutz
        Chieftain
        • Aug 2013

Originally posted by bwaites View Post
        Midway is about 90% through a complete revamp of their shipping system. It might be that you are caught in one of the inevitable glitches.

+1

Their CS is second to none. I checked this morning, and their website has a slightly different look. bwaites may be on to something about the possibility of being caught by a glitch.
        If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• jluck
          Warrior
          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Tikka View Post
          Has anyone had trouble with Midway USA? I ordered the wrong bullets about a life time ago and just realized they were the wrong ones. Upon trying to cancel the order I've never come across such a string of red tape in my life. They're system wouldn't cancel the order. I followed all the directions provided by the FAQ section several times and nothing. Then I tried to contact someone through the 'Live Chat" service. Don't know what they're version of live chat is but I couldn't get anyone on the other end. Frustrated, I'm about completely forget about Midway and start looking else where.
          Don't start with cancelling your order, Get them to refund your card first. Then let them figure it out. FWIW, I have always had excellent CS from Midway.

Comment

• cory
            Chieftain
            • Jun 2012

Huh I've never had a backorder with midway ship before I went into my account and approved it.
            "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• MrBogey
              Unwashed
              • May 2014

Originally posted by bwaites View Post

This. They just sent me the email less than a week ago stating they were doing a major revamp.

Could be the old ordering system and the new ordering system don't line up perfectly so old orders may need a bit of personal intervention to cancel.

Comment

• sneaky one
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2011

Yeah, dial them up -- they told me. Huge adjustment to their shipping method has -is- taking place.,Why? cuz a many of us barked at shipping prices! We won a small battle , gang! Hopefully the std prices don't increase per product.

Comment

• explorecaves

I am placing an order tonight to take advantage of birthday sale pricing....

Comment

• WHITEBULL
                    Bloodstained
                    • Aug 2013

They have always been good to me with returns as well. Communication over the phone should get you squared away.

Comment

I had huge problems in the past with items being damaged but none with cancelling a backorder.

Comment

I posted on the build up thread a few months ago. My problem was with a missing bolt on a Shilen 6.5 Grendel HBAR. I called and got a live person on the line. I returned the barrel, they refunded, then found the bolt in the packaging material. they shipped the barrel back to me, re-debited my card and I am one happy customer! I have bought most of my 6.5 build up parts from Midway because of this service. Midway will stay my go-to guys. By the way, I have tried to buy stuff from CHEAPER THAN DIRT. Holy Crikies, you want to see some insane shipping costs? try to buy something from them. I cancelled three orders because the shipping was MORE than the items!!

Comment

I refuse to buy from CTD because of their stand during the Sandy Hook shootings, they said that they would stop selling all firearms because they didnt believe mere civilians should have them. Kinda stupid for a firearms centered business, they tried to reverse when their sales started hurting, then sponsored every 3 gun and USPSA match they could. During last hunting season, our group returned the ammo they sent us with a press clipping about it from the local newspaper. I used to buy a ton of stuff from them before and had a rifle on its way to me when they took their stand. I refused it when it got here. I dont mind a company that takes a point of view that opposes my views, I do expect them to stand by them if they do. The only thing worse than an anti gun company is one that poses as a pro gun company to switch when it will make money for them.
                          Last edited by Guest; 07-07-2014, 06:34 AM.

Comment

• explorecaves

Originally posted by joker31 View Post
                            I refuse to buy from CTD because of their stand during the Sandy Hook shootings, they said that they would stop selling all firearms because they didnt believe mere civilians should have them. Kinda stupid for a firearms centered business, they tried to reverse when their sales started hurting, then sponsored every 3 gun and USPSA match they could. During last hunting season, our group returned the ammo they sent us with a press clipping about it from the local newspaper. I used to buy a ton of stuff from them before and had a rifle on its way to me when they took their stand. I refused it when it got here. I dont mind a company that takes a point of view that opposes my views, I do expect them to stand by them if they do. The only thing worse than an anti gun company is one that poses as a pro gun company to switch when it will make money for them.
                            ^This.

As for Midway, their new shipping is nice. Got my order in the mail 3 days before it was scheduled to be delivered.

Comment

• Variable
                              Chieftain
                              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by joker31 View Post
                              Amen Brother! I'll never purchase anything from CTD. Ever.

Glad to hear about Midway's shipping though. They are back on my list of places to do business with.
                              Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                              We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

Working...
                              X