X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NugginFutz
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2013

Well, as I said, these Dry Fire Devices are the Cat's *ss, and several folks at a LGS agree with me. I let them handle mine, and all remarked on the quality of the unit.
    When I demo'd it in one of the store's rifles, everyone played with it, and agreed it does exactly what Dave says it does - makes Dry Fire practice with an AR exceedingly simple and convenient.

Anyone who hasn't visited his site really should do so, and check out this really neat gadget. Dave went well above and beyond, when he developed these. When I let him know I was having an issue with some of my lowers, he was right there with a couple of short questions. Before I knew it, he had a replacement in the mail at no charge. You can't ask for better than this and, as a Horde member, I believe he deserves our support.

This has NOT been a paid endorsement.
    If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• dmsims21
      Warrior
      • Nov 2012

I have decided to drop the price a little. I will have to sell more to break even on the development, patent, and manufacture, but hopefully more will buy.
      The new price is $45 with FREE Shipping.

Hopefully, I won't tick anyone off who paid the initial price. I am really thankful to those who already bought one. I just think there will be more demand at that price point.

I know there are guys out there who don't dry fire at all. They don't take the time, because it isn't worth the hassle to them. I know they will change their mind once they try the Device.

I have a coworker who didn't think aftermarket triggers were worth the money, until he spent some time dry firing with the device. Once he slowed down and paid attention to his trigger pull, he realized how inconsistent his stock trigger was. He was able to notice the nuances.
      www.FriendsvillePrecision.com - AR15 Dry Fire Device

Comment

• ejkoechling
        Bloodstained
        • Jan 2014

Para cord. O.K., I finally had some good quality time to work with this devise this week. I found that tying some para cord onto the devise and then tying it to the muzzle end with litle slack worked the best. Only takes a little movement of the hand on the hand gaurd and the trigger resets. I find it's a little easier than using your thumb.
        This devise is an awesome product.......

Comment

• dmsims21
          Warrior
          • Nov 2012

Originally posted by ejkoechling View Post
          Para cord. O.K., I finally had some good quality time to work with this devise this week. I found that tying some para cord onto the devise and then tying it to the muzzle end with litle slack worked the best. Only takes a little movement of the hand on the hand gaurd and the trigger resets. I find it's a little easier than using your thumb.
          This devise is an awesome product.......

Great idea. I will try that later today. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

• Adam Lilja
            Warrior
            • Dec 2013

Just got one in the mail. Seems legit. Simple easy design. No more idiot friends bending receiver metal against the bolt release whoop whoop I can see lots of advantages to this product.

Comment

• dmsims21
              Warrior
              • Nov 2012

I am glad you like it. Thanks for making great barrels.
              It works well for installing, function testing, and adjusting triggers too.
              Eliminates the chance of smacking the lower.

Comment

• dmsims21
                Warrior
                • Nov 2012

Automatic Dry Fire Device

I have a new and exciting development.
                I now have a provisional patent and a working prototype of an Automatic Dry Fire Device. It is no where near ready for sale. It isn't robust and forgiving enough. It would also cost too much with custom machined parts.
                However, with some more development, I think it could retail for under $300.

Here is where I need help from the Horde.
                Does anyone have any connections with a company that has the resources and experience to bring this product to market?
                I don't have the money and time to perfect it.
                I have sent an email to a few companies, but have not had any response. It is hard to get past the spam filter.

Send me a PM or email with any contacts.

It works on the same principle as the original. It just has a motor and gear train to work the lever. It turns itself on and off. Just pull the trigger and it does the rest. It is fast enough to get two or three shots off in a second.

Will post a video soon.
                Thanks, David Sims
                dmsims21@gmail.com

Comment

• dmsims21
                  Warrior
                  • Nov 2012

You can view video here:

Comment

• dmsims21
                    Warrior
                    • Nov 2012

and here:

Comment

• dmsims21
                      Warrior
                      • Nov 2012

The Insides
                      ADFD Internals.jpg

Comment

• biodsl
                        Chieftain
                        • Aug 2011

Received my Friendsville Dry-Fire Device two days ago. I love it! I can see myself taking 20 minutes out of my schedule each day to do 20 or 40 practiced and intentional trigger pulls. When you can't get to the range you can still improve your skills. Should have done this a couple of years ago.
                        Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

Working...
                        X