Out with the green, in with the Red White and Blue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kinda off topic but how you like the 9.3 vs the 375 H&H or the 340 Weatherby ?

Comment

The 9.3 is a better balance to my way of thinking than the .375. I have owned several .375s and it is a great caliber, but the 9.3x62 will do the same thing on game and can be shot from a lighter more nimble rifle and still maintain a recoil level you can handle from any field position. I've seen cape buffalo, elephant, rhino, eland, hippo and such all taken cleanly with one shot from the 9.3 and it will handle anything in North America with ease. The only reason I would choose a .375 over a 9.3x62 would be if the law required. In most of Africa where the .375 H&H is the minimum caliber there is also an exception for the 9.3x62, but not all countries.

I just shot a Roe Deer in Solvenia a couple of weeks ago with my 9.3x62, it killed the little deer cleanly and wasted no meat. I always use my 9.3x62 on driven hunts where boar or red deer could show at any moment, and shot placement can be less than desirable because of the running game. It is decisive in that application, yet in my Blaser R8 the recoil is manageable for multiple shots in rapid succession. I really like it.

Bob

Comment

Working...
      X