X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • arnie
    Warrior
    • Nov 2013

RCBS says to set the expander lock nut loose and while pulling up on the handle when the expander is about half way up the neck ,tighten the nut .This cured neck run out on one guys cases that I know of

Comment

• wheelguner
      Warrior
      • Oct 2011

I have been a 100yd, 200yd bench rest shooter and varmint shooter for a long, long time (I quit discussing my Marine Corps History) and have only begun loading for the AR platform about four years ago for a Sabre Defence Match Target in 204 Ruger. Then I got bitten by the Grendel bug. If I step back and look at my loading/reloading techniques I am very probably loading for the AR using the tried and proven methods developed for the bolt guns I was more accustomed to shooting.
      During the many gab sessions and I do this or that and how do you do it sessions one of the few things we all agreed on was the expander in a sizing die was not conducive to accurate loads and when used produced loaded rounds with more run out than those loaded by sizing the neck by bushing type dies. My tests have proven this to my satisfaction. Your results and mileage may vary.
      LR55 I totally agree (as do those folks from the gab fests) with your tip about partial seating and then rotating the case and final seating. The difference is amazing and is standard practice when I load ammo for my non-reloading friends or.
      I load a lot of ammo for folks if they furnish dies for calibers I don't have and provide powder, primers and cases. I may be a sucker for doing this gratis but the simple fact is I ENJOY loading.... it is therapeutic for me. There is just something satisfying to see a loading block with finished rounds all lined up and shiny.
      I have learned that some things work some of the time but the same things don't work all of the time and nothing works ALL OF THE TIME.
      I had not read what the link to the Wilson site showed. Apparently I have been laboring under a misconception. I do know that fired rounds will not fully enter my 204 Ruger or Grendel gauges and those are the only two cartridges I have gauges for. New Hornady brass and Factory Hornady loads and full length resized cases will.
      Last edited by wheelguner; 07-11-2014, 04:43 AM.

Comment

• waveslayer
        Warrior
        • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Drifter View Post
        One option might be to prevent the dented cases that you suspect as the problem.

On this link, note the info and link in post #6:

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...se-on-ejection
        I use Velcro and it works great!

Comment

Working...
        X