• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • olde sarge
    Warrior
    • May 2014

Aero Precision Uppers

Experiences with Aero Precision uppers in general and the M4E1 enhanced upper in particular. Good for accuracy build? Is it possible to square the M4E1 with common Midway tool? John

What does the M4E1 enhancement designate? I have standard versions that work well, but I don't like the way the charging handle notch is machined. The hook point does not have a smooth ramp.

Comment

• olde sarge
      Warrior
      • May 2014

Jurassic, the M4E1 enhanced upper is a forged receiver with the hand guard mounting platform machined into the receiver. Works with Aero Precision as well as most BAR-system hand guards. Similar to the Seekins IRMT-3 V3 or the Mega Arms MKM uppers. John

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

• olde sarge
          Warrior
          • May 2014

Seems that Aero uppers are not very popular or they are so good that no one wants to talk about them. Has any body tried to true one of the recievers with the forearm attachment built into them? Any brand. John

Comment

• molar
            Bloodstained
            • Jun 2014

I've used 3 Aero uppers, but not the enhanced version. 16" 300 blackout build, 8" 300 BO pistol build, and 16" 5.56 Sabre defence build. No problems with any. I did not lap the receiver so can't help you there.

Comment

I don't like the way the ramp for the charging handle catch is machined on the Aero uppers, its not smooth and creates an eyesore (burr) quickly compared to my Mega upper and most others I've seen. Other than that they work fine.

Comment

• poli
                Bloodstained
                • Feb 2014

I have an Aero Precision upper (not the M4E1 though) and I used the Midway tool to lap it without any problems. It did need lapping though... I finally managed to work out some loads that are accurate.
                Last edited by poli; 07-23-2014, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X