SLR Sentry Gas Block with Centurion CMR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Klem
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2013

SLR Sentry Gas Block with Centurion CMR?

gg
    Last edited by Klem; 11-17-2017, 09:58 PM.
  • Variable
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

It looks like the clamp on won't fit. SLR says on Arf that the set screw one will.

The interference is supposedly about .02" on the bottom of the block. http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_124/6...age=8#i6406610
    Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
    We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• Klem
      Chieftain
      • Aug 2013

Okey dokey, set-screw it is.

Comment

• Variable
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

You just ate up hours of my life.LOL I'm shopping rails too, and after reading the first 32 pages of this thread on Arf: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_12/61...ge=32#i6389588 Some of the owners are starting to complain. It's hard to judge without owning one myself though. I wish the CMR mounted up like the BCM key mod rail does. That one looks stouter in how it mounts. I prefer the looks of the CMR better though.

I think I'm going to pass on the CMR for now. It looks very sweet, but I don't think it's going to work for me. I wanted their 12" rail, but it's really 12.56" long, and would interfere with my intended 12.5" build. I also don't like their barrel nut, and the way the handguard mates up to it.

If you do go with the CMR, I hope it works out well for you, and post pics!

Back to the dang drawing board for me....

Here's a Stickman pic of a 12.5" barrel with the 12" CMR mounted. The dang 12" rail is longer than the 12.5" barrel, and I'd never get a can on it. I might be able to shorten one maybe? I dunno....

Last edited by Variable; 07-13-2014, 07:53 AM.
        Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
        We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• dsw0007
          Bloodstained
          • Aug 2013

I have nothing to offer in the way of the OP but I do need to say thanks for posting this. I had never heard of SLR before now and have been looking for an adjustable detent type gas block for some time with no luck. I just got my stamp for my TB can and ordered this SLR clamp on block. Will be sure to let y'all know how it works out.
          No war is over until the enemy says it's over. We may think it's over, we may declare it's over, but in fact, the enemy gets a vote. - Gen. James Mattis

Comment

Working...
          X