Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ducks-and-bucks

6mm Grendel?

Any built a 6 Grendel?? Im kicking around the idea... i have a 6.5 grendel that shoots amazing... case capacity wise and given the performance of the 6.5 a necked down version to 6mm would probably kick ass... just guessing it would probably be about 300 fps faster given the smaller bore and smaller bullets... and i think iyd be a tack driver too.... what yall think?
  • Drifter
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Link: http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...el-to-.243-LBC
    Drifter

Comment

Ask and ye shall receive...

Comment

I just built one, it is an arp barrel. it is going to be a shooter from the looks of the break in shots.

taking it out next weekend to see what it has. I am expecting .5 moa or better. here is a pic of it

Comment

If a 6MM is what you want Black Hole can fill the bill. Obviously not a Grendel but we have them shooting in the 2's and 3's. I have three AR's in the 243LBC and a 26" Savage BHW barreled that is slated for use in my F-CLASS 1000 yard gun.

Greg

Comment

• LR1955
            Super Moderator
            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by ducks-and-bucks View Post
            Any built a 6 Grendel?? Im kicking around the idea... i have a 6.5 grendel that shoots amazing... case capacity wise and given the performance of the 6.5 a necked down version to 6mm would probably kick ass... just guessing it would probably be about 300 fps faster given the smaller bore and smaller bullets... and i think iyd be a tack driver too.... what yall think?
            DaB:

I have been shooting a 6mm AR for five or six years now in High Power. Size down the Grendel brass, load and shoot. H-4895 does the trick with a 95 or 107 Match King. Far superior at any distance to the 6.5 version. Downside is that you need to be more careful about loading or you will get into trouble with pressures and you will go through barrels much faster.

LR55

Comment

• ducks-and-bucks

where do you find a good barrel chambered in this? I run a satern barrel in my 65 grendel, and that barrel is amazing! If I did it I wouldnt want a cheap quality barrel... I've been real happy with satern, but they are a long wait time out to get anything from them...

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                Administrator
                • Feb 2011

I'm gathering from his 6mmAR website that Robert Whitley only sells uppers, but maybe he has a lead on barrels, as well?
                :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• Drifter
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2011

Additional variations of 6mm cartridges based on the Grendel:

Drifter

Comment

• sneaky one
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2011

Interesting round , this is. ,-
                    Anything new on the .257 Ted? BTw? It's a variation on the Grendel case also.

Comment

• PrecisionFirearms
                      Warrior
                      • Apr 2011

We would be willing to make barrels. We would need at least 5 barrels to do a run.

We have in stock 6mm Barrel Blanks from Bartlein which we normally use for 243 Win in AR308 Platforms.

Price - the same as 6.5 Grendel.

Lead time would be dependent on Reamer Arrival.
                      "Precision - The Pinnacle of Perfection."

Comment

One of my short magazine lenght loads that I shot early on in working with my 243 LBC I load it a bit longer and hotter in my F-Class 500 yard loads.

[IMG][/IMG]

Greg

Comment

• bulletpoints
                          Unwashed
                          • Oct 2014

A guy next to me shot a 6mm Turbo (6mm in a Grendel case) at 1,000 yards with iron sights. He did very well.

Comment

• SG4247
                            Warrior
                            • Aug 2013

I have a couple of 6ARs.

One is a special "tight chamber" for Lapua Grendel brass only. The other runs any Grendel Brass. I personally own both reamers.

Working on load development for the tight chamber gun now. Very pleased with the velocity and accuracy so far. Shows alot of potential for fast MV.

I can re-size the Grendel brass necks in one shot, using a special 6AR Redding die. No fire forming or other special tools needed.

Very pleasant to shoot also. Targets are both shot 105 grain class bullets, Amax and Scenar.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by SG4247; 08-05-2015, 11:43 PM.
                            NRA F-Class Mid Range High Master

Comment

• hydrotech
                              Warrior
                              • Sep 2014

wouldn't a 6mm grendel pretty much be a 6ppc? wasn't the grendel basically a 6ppc necked up to 6.5?

Comment

Working...
                              X