• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Variable
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by PrecisionFirearms View Post
    Sorry Been out last week for the FNH 3 Gun Match.

I would need some idea on how many, but this is my proposition for at least 8-10 units. 150 each for dimple fluting and 25 each for Nitriding. We will blast before sending in for nitriding to get a Matte Finish, otherwise they come back a little shiny. Normal Cost: 200 for fluting and 50 for nitriding
    That sounds pretty good to me.

Could you dial up the "dimpleosity" to match this barrel?

If so, I'd be majorly in for it!
    Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
    We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• PrecisionFirearms
      Warrior
      • Apr 2011

Yes we can do whatever you want. Just state size, amount, and depth you want. All barrels need to be the same.
      "Precision - The Pinnacle of Perfection."

Comment

• Variable
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Well, Cory is in charge of this group buy, but if he is okay with it, then I'd very gladly sign up to get my barrel dimple fluted like in the photo I posted.

Cory: If this is cool, put me down as number 1 for PF dimple fluting!

Now we'd need 7-9 more barrels. Anyone else interested?

Comment

• Variable
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

I fired off an IM to "Sharky47" over on Arfcom to see if he can help me out with the dimple specs he used.

I was drooling over the SAW barrels he made: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_24/36...age=9#i4114234

I'll update when I find out.

Comment

• PrecisionFirearms
            Warrior
            • Apr 2011

Or you can send a sample barrel in for us to measure up and return.

Comment

• PrecisionFirearms
              Warrior
              • Apr 2011

Correction on Nitriding. We can do this for $15 per barrel (including Blasting) if we can get 10 together at a time. We will fill in the remainder of the minimum lot charge with other stuff. We spend over 600 per month with HM metal anyway.

Comment

• Variable
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2011

I heard back from "Sharky47" today.

He said: "The barrel in the picture has .125R dimples made by a .250 ball nose end mill for what it's worth."

He explained that it'd be different for different barrel diameters and that his brother does the CAD layouts for him, and said he'd get a quote for me to have his brother do one for whatever barrel I wanted.

He said his brother's CAD layout would give me/us "a print showing the spacing/indexing/depth for the two alternating nesting radial rows. You could stack them up as many as it takes to fill your barrel length once you have those two."

So I guess I'm waiting on a quote from his brother.... Hopefully he doesn't charge mega-bucks for a plot of two alternating rows of dimples.

ETA: If the price isn't too high for the layout/print--- I'll eat the cost myself, and hopefully that might entice some other folks to jump in the dimple pool.
                Last edited by Variable; 09-24-2014, 11:12 PM.

Comment

• cory
                  Chieftain
                  • Jun 2012

Alright Gents we just need a few more orders.
                  "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• cory
                    Chieftain
                    • Jun 2012

Alright so I started a thread for this over at the hide. I would start one at arfcomm, but they have some ridiculous rules about group buys. However, I've posted a link to this one in relevant threads.

Any ideas on other other boards I could post this on and get some interest?

Comment

• Variable
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2011

M4Carbine.net? I don't really spend any time over there, but apparently a number of folks do.

Comment

• cory
                        Chieftain
                        • Jun 2012

Good call.

Comment

• tpk
                          Bloodstained
                          • Sep 2014

Just got my Form 1 a few days ago and can't wait to for my barrel to arrive.

Comment

• cory
                            Chieftain
                            • Jun 2012

So the thread over at M4 got deleted. Something about some advertising agreement. Those a****les are ridiculous. Heaven forbid we help some of the guys out over their, well unless they're getting their cut.

Comment

• am4966
                              Chieftain
                              • Jul 2014

What's the barrel count and what length will it be for sure?
                              12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
                              Surge - Rugged Suppressor
                              Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• cory
                                Chieftain
                                • Jun 2012

15. It looks like an option of 11.5" or 12.5"

My SBR Tax Stamp just got approved today. Let's get a few more orders in and make this thing happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X