• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cory
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Variable View Post
    ...To me (JMO) the whole point of steel case ammo is to save money. Only buying 5 boxes is a sure way to get scalped hard on the shipping. AA's shipping is already pretty high sometimes, and I want the best break on the UPS that I can get. I'll be ordering cases for myself and six other folks at work whenever I can...
    :/ Why have you not ordered Lilja barrels for them too. :? HAHA
    "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Variable
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Well, one of them does have a 10.5", and there are 5 or 6 14.5" barrels as well (the 14.5" barrels are all pinned except for mine). But, no one seems to be in the market for more barrels right now. They don't shoot them enough. I seem to have saturated the Grendel pond on my end for now.LOL
      Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
      We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• cory
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2012

Alright lets get this thing going. The kids are back in school and it's time for y'all to start a new AR project.

Feel free to share this link with friends and post the link on other forums where shooters might be interested.

If you have any concerns or question feel free to post here or email me.

Comment

• Dave Bob
          Bloodstained
          • Dec 2013

Guys just to let you know, The ATF has finally got their act together on eforms. If you have a Trust set up so you can file on eforms, I got approval for a form 1 SBR in 19 or 20 days, can't remember if I filed on the 7th or the 8th but DAMN. So lets get this thing rolling so I know what barrel length to use on my next form 1.

Dave

Comment

• cory
            Chieftain
            • Jun 2012

Alright Gents get these orders coming. It's time for me to build Fenrir!

Comment

• 6.5 Jerry
              Unwashed
              • Jul 2012

I am in. I am sending my deposit to Cory today. I am ready to build and shoot!

Comment

• cory
                Chieftain
                • Jun 2012

Originally posted by 6.5 Jerry View Post
                I am in. I am sending my deposit to Cory today. I am ready to build and shoot!
                Got your order. Thanks man.

We're at 13 barrels gents. We're getting there, slowly but surely.

Comment

• cory
                  Chieftain
                  • Jun 2012

Alright Gents keep the orders coming.

Comment

• cory
                    Chieftain
                    • Jun 2012

Alright gents, we've narrowed down the profile of the barrel from the gas block forward, pretty much. It'll be a 0.750" Gas Block and we're looking at 0.725" in front of that. That's the minimum thickness for a 5/8 muzzle device. If we went smaller we'd have to build back up at the end of the barrel. Personally I don't like the aesthetics of that.

0.725" is also the minimum diameter that'll allow the option of fluting.

That being said we're toying with whether to go with 0.725" under the hand guard, with the option of fluting, or 0.650"(maybe 0.625") under the hand guard WITHOUT the option of fluting.

What say y'all???

Comment

• Dave Bob
                      Bloodstained
                      • Dec 2013

Personally I don't care....as long as its 12.5". LOL

But seriously .725 front and .650 under the handguard is cool with me

Dave
                      Last edited by Dave Bob; 09-06-2014, 07:54 PM.

Comment

• Variable
                        Chieftain
                        • Mar 2011

I could go either way (also only as long as it's 12.5"), but since I already sent you a check that included funds for fluting--- and I'm far too lazy to write and mail another check---- I'd vote .725" under the guard with fluting. I'm guessing the $115 for fluting was both under the handguard and in front of the gas block, right?

Too bad we can't get ball dimple fluting like "Sharky" did on his SAW barrels over on Arf. http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_24/36...age=9#i4114234

That thar is purdy!!!!

I figured I'd toss that in since your life isn't already complicated enough trying to herd a group buy.LOL
                        Last edited by Variable; 09-06-2014, 11:31 PM.

Comment

• cory
                          Chieftain
                          • Jun 2012

Alright gents feel free to share this GB on other forums. I'm getting antsy. I want my Lilja SBR Grendel and I want it now!!! We just need 7 more barrels ordered.

Comment

• PrecisionFirearms
                            Warrior
                            • Apr 2011

You guys can send the barrels to us at Precision Firearms for Dimple Fluting. We do it all the time.

IMG_0276.jpg

Mark Hostetter
                            Precision Firearms
                            "Precision - The Pinnacle of Perfection."

Comment

• cory
                              Chieftain
                              • Jun 2012

Originally posted by PrecisionFirearms View Post
                              You guys can send the barrels to us at Precision Firearms for Dimple Fluting. We do it all the time.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5562[/ATTACH]

Mark Hostetter
                              Precision Firearms
                              If anyone wants to opt for this, please get with Mark and let me know that you have opted for this. I'd be happy to work with you to get it shipped directly from Lilja to PF.

Comment

• Variable
                                Chieftain
                                • Mar 2011

Wait... Wuuuut???

This is now actually an option?

Mark: Details? Price (out the door) for dimple fluting and nitriding the barrel?

In your pic above the dimples look less agressive, but could you do it like this?

I like the look of the more aggressive dimpling much better. Being deeper and closer spaced, they should shave more weight plus it should dump heat better. It would be both fore and aft the gas block on a 12.5" long .725" diameter barrel.
                                Last edited by Variable; 09-12-2014, 01:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X