X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cory
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2012

Just hit barrel #16. Almost there gents.
    "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Variable
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Aaaaaarrrggghhhh!!!!!!

I need a 12.5" barrel!

Somebody buy some more!

Hell, buy 'em on spec and flip 'em later when other folks realize what they missed out on.
      Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
      We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• cory
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2012

Bumping this up. I'm a little swamped right now, between trying to fix a car and some storm damage from last week. Once I get my head back above water, I'll start a new thread for those who are interested in the Spikes Stuff and getting a barrel nitrated, but aren't interested in another barrel.

We'll get this thing rolling good, here shortly.

Comment

• Bronson90
          Unwashed
          • Nov 2013

I'll buy a 12.5" as long as it can be fluted in front of and behind gas block as well as threaded... Will it be 1:7 twist in order to stabilize 140 gr pills??

Bronson
          214.533.5358 cel
          Bronson90@gmail.com

Comment

• cory
            Chieftain
            • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Bronson90 View Post
            I'll buy a 12.5" as long as it can be fluted in front of and behind gas block as well as threaded... Will it be 1:7 twist in order to stabilize 140 gr pills??

Bronson
            214.533.5358 cel
            Bronson90@gmail.com
            Yes there's an option for full fluting and they will come threaded 5/8. The twist is 1:8, in which I'm confident it'll stabilize 140gr pills, as I intend to shoot 140gr pills from mine.

Comment

• Variable
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

I.......

Really......

Need......

A...........

Barrel!!!!!!!!!!!!

Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
              We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• Bronson90
                Unwashed
                • Nov 2013

Originally posted by cory View Post
                Yes there's an option for full fluting and they will come threaded 5/8. The twist is 1:8, in which I'm confident it'll stabilize 140gr pills, as I intend to shoot 140gr pills from mine.
                any reason why 1:7 isn't an option, especially will bill Alexander on the record saying 1:7.5 is his suggestion for a 12.5" in order for it to shoot 140gr bullets. I only shoot mine with a can, so any question with stabilization and I'm out...

Comment

• cory
                  Chieftain
                  • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Bronson90 View Post
                  any reason why 1:7 isn't an option, especially will bill Alexander on the record saying 1:7.5 is his suggestion for a 12.5" in order for it to shoot 140gr bullets. I only shoot mine with a can, so any question with stabilization and I'm out...
                  It was an option in the beginning. We debated the different twist in the 2 original threads for this group buy. They shouldn't be hard to find. Someone, I forget who, found an old post from Bill A himself on twist rate. It stated that the 8" twist was plenty enough to stabilize bullets from a button barrel,

Comment

• am4966
                    Chieftain
                    • Jul 2014

Slowly gathering parts for my build! Anyone get/getting a silencer for this build.
                    12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
                    Surge - Rugged Suppressor
                    Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• cory
                      Chieftain
                      • Jun 2012

Variable is getting a dedicated thread on. I've got an AAC SDN-6 that's been in ATF jail since June. It'll be shared between all my ARs.

Comment

• cory
                        Chieftain
                        • Jun 2012

You know you want one!!!

Comment

• am4966
                          Chieftain
                          • Jul 2014

So is Lilja firm on the 20 barrels? They could keep the 3
                          Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• cjgemm
                            Bloodstained
                            • Sep 2014

Any chance a one off could be included. I'd be in for a 12.5, but want a mid-length gas system.

Comment

• am4966
                              Chieftain
                              • Jul 2014

Originally posted by cjgemm View Post
                              Any chance a one off could be included. I'd be in for a 12.5, but want a mid-length gas system.
                              I Hope so, then we need two more barrels

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• cory
                                Chieftain
                                • Jun 2012

Originally posted by cjgemm View Post
                                Unfortunately Lilja is not a custom shop. We'd need at least 5 barrels of that type. You'd want to talk to Mark at PF for a custom barrel.

Why a 12.5" mid Length?

Comment

Working...
                                X