• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BluntForceTrauma
    Administrator
    • Feb 2011

Surviving Yet Another Spam Attack

My fellow Barbarians, Ruffians, and Pillagers, we have survived yet another spam attack (last one in 2010 effectively destroyed the site), and not without damage this time.

I'm very far from a computer expert, but somehow 473,061 new members were recently added (and I really don't think it was because of the arrival of Wolf 6.5 Grendel steel-case), and it caused my host to suspend the site. After spending the wee hours with tech support, they restored the site from a backup about two weeks ago, so I think some activity in the meantime was sacrificed.

My apologies in advance if any new registrations or your favorite posts were nuked, but we had to do a certain amount of destroying the village to save it.

PM me or any of the other moderators with any unresolved issues in this regard and we'll try and get you patched up.

John
    :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by HANKA View Post
    My fellow Barbarians, Ruffians, and Pillagers, we have survived yet another spam attack (last one in 2010 effectively destroyed the site), and not without damage this time.

I'm very far from a computer expert, but somehow 473,061 new members were recently added (and I really don't think it was because of the arrival of Wolf 6.5 Grendel steel-case), and it caused my host to suspend the site. After spending the wee hours with tech support, they restored the site from a backup about two weeks ago, so I think some activity in the meantime was sacrificed.

My apologies in advance if any new registrations or your favorite posts were nuked, but we had to do a certain amount of destroying the village to save it.

PM me or any of the other moderators with any unresolved issues in this regard and we'll try and get you patched up.

John
    Time for some official help.

The Internet Crime Complaint Center, or IC3, is the Nation’s central hub for reporting cyber crime. It is run by the FBI, the lead federal agency for investigating cyber crime.

Comment

Working...
    X