• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HOPSTER
    Unwashed
    • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Variable View Post
    FWIW: A tight fit between your upper and lower won't actually affect your mechanical accuracy at all. It's been tested plenty in the past, even by the US AMU and Armalite. That being said--- Some folks seem to derive a psychological advantage by tightly fitting their upper and lower together. It can be achieved with things as cheap as simply placing a foam earplug under your rear lug. Not saying you can't bed or fit your upper, but it isn't really necessary either.
    I also want to clarify that my DCM probably wont shoot better after bedding the upper and lower. It's still a popular modification and yes, it's more about adding confidence in the rifle than anything else. Similar to obsessive reloading practices adding confidence in the ammo for some, but statistically doing little to increase accuracy if at all.

My main point was to address the so-called superiority of "billet" parts, a popular misconception started of course by the manufacturers of billet parts.
    And repeated "on the net" over and over till it becomes "fact".

Comment

• skitty4gzus
      Unwashed
      • Aug 2014

thanks for following up, its been sometime that I've been on here. I was mainly looking for printable pdf's because at work all I will have access to is paper reading materials. Also, I don't have a billet lower, its a seekins forged lower so I will probably seek out the seekins forged upper to match. I want it to be accurate, yes, but accurate to me is being able to take deer at 200yds. If I can shoot a 1 inch group at 200yds I would be ecstatic and that is plenty accurate for what I would do with it. The rest of the time it would be a conversation piece and something to shoot at the outdoor range. Someday I would like to be in competition shooting but the reality of that being in the next few years is very slim. Thanks again for your advice.

Comment

Working...
      X