X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rabiddawg
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2013

Dont discount the effect all the other components can have on accuracy.

For instance, my lilja barreled gun performed much better from a bag setup than it did from a leadsled.
    Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• GatewayShepherd
      Unwashed
      • Jul 2015

rabiddawg- I realize that some factors can influence the end accuracy game. However I don’t expect a change from bipod to bags to shrink groups from the 1-2.5” range down to 1/2”….as this is not typically what i’ve seen with any other gun. As far as components i’ve assembled the gun and ammo with all premium items and have meticulously prepped and prepared each batch of ammo to benchrest standards. I sat down today and layed out all my previous targets and information and started looking over them as a group…several of which are repeat tests and narrowed down the charge weights to retest yet another time. We’ll see if the weather cooperates over the next couple days and hit the range again.

Comment

• rabiddawg
        Chieftain
        • Feb 2013

My lilja 740 was built by precision firearms so i cant blame the gun.

When i first got the gun, the wind conditions i was shooting in were terrible, yet the gun showed promise. The next time out wind was better but i forgot to pack my shooting bags so used a leadsled. I noticed i had to apply slight pressure to the gun to keep the crosshairs level. Evidently that was enough to cause the rounds to string vertically a bit.

The last time out i had my bags and the groups tightened up.

All that just to say i would have to double check everything else before i blamed the barrel.
        Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

Working...
        X